I searched the forum and found some info however I would like to ask the forum if anyone can describe or post illustrations/pics that may be helpful in locating the suction strainer and all other for this model. The filter in the battery/gear selector box is obvious but need help locating the other(s). I have the model with the short driveline and according to the lubrication map on the battery box it points to the suction strainer in a location on the right side under the brake pedal. I pulled the floor pan off and see nothing. Is this under the machine? Should I look for a removable plate or will I need to pull the skid pan off? Thanks In Advance, Beezer
I have a TD8 G and mine is inside the frame. On the right side look over frame, I think there are 4 bolts to take loose then metal screen comes out. Mines not to bad to get out but it's harder to get back in.
Rooster, You must have the later model with the long drive shaft. I looked there today and that strainer is not in that location. That's what makes me think its located underneath. Thanks, really appreciate the reply. Beezer
I have a TD7E too, but it is the long shaft. I think I remember a post on redpower about your strainer being inside a plate underneath. not easy to get to.
Looks like this time I get to crawl under the beast for sure. Will be getting a manual soon. Thanks
Hi Beezerbub: What part of the manual are you looking for? I've got the following sections....Section 5 Hydraulic Torque Convertor, Section 6 Transmission (Gear Drive), Section 7 Transmission (Power Shift). If you let me know I'll see if I can upload to a site for you to download. Ayrhead
Hi Again: I realized that I have already sent you the DVD. Please disregard the last message. I hope that it helps you out with your machine. Harry
I ran a TD-7E for a day to demo it to see if I wanted to buy it. Had trans issues. One of the filters was under the floor board. If you were sitting in the seat it would be under your right foot. It is a canister with a screen in it, and it's not very big. The machine I was trying I found clutch material in.
Do you remember if the drive shaft was long or short (12" vs 3")?
If you mean the shaft out from the torque conveter seems like it was 12", I know it was longer than 3". This was an older TD-7E, late 70's early 80's. I don't remember if it was the 7 or the 8 or both. It seems like they had 2 different trans depending on the year of the machine, and the smaller was not as strong. Or at least that was what I was told or had read when i was looking for a small dozer. If that is the case this one had the smaller trans, or at least it was smaller than the one in the TD-8E that I bought. The 8 was a late 80's machine. Of course my memory could be off, it's been a while, but I do remember the filter because I had it apart a couple of times that day to see how much material kept coming out.
Nothinbetter, Just curious, I have a 7E, it's an '82 model with the smaller trans. I have been putting off pulling that suction filter/strainer thinking that it would be an ordeal to get the cartridge. If in fact it is a strainer, it is just a mater of cleaning it out and putting it back. I had to special order the top filter cartridge for it from NAPA. Really didn't want to put the machine down for a few days waiting on it. There doesn't seem to be a problem with it, I have just been catching up on the maintenance when I can. I guess I have had the machine about two or three months now. Seems like a pretty nice machine!
Thats all that was on the one I tested, just a screen. Very easy to clean and put back. I know several people that have had TD-7's and I had an 8. I liked the machine I had and I know the people with other TD's were happy with the ones they had.
Td7E suction strainer should be located under your right foot under the floorboard... or you can follow the hose from the bottom of the charge pump should lead you there... aluminum canister with 4 bolts
I hear 7e similiar to 8e... Suction strainer is accesed thru inspection plate on skid plate. Right beside suction hose..2 bolts and pry cover with big screwdriver. Drain oil first!!!!!!!!!!
found a picture of the TD8 trans early serial and the strainer was in the transmission at the bottom 2 bolt cover and you would need to drain the oil I can send a fax of the breakdown if you like...Probably the same as TD7