Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Intermittent Lift and Tilt

TPW ยท 2024-08-03 21:50

I have an older Bobcat 753 F Series with foot control only. Lately my lift and tilt both freeze up for various amounts of time. Right now I have the Backhoe attachment on and it works fine no problem with the auxiliary controls. But i cant get the backhoe off because the lift and tilt seem to pressure up a little but won't move enough to undo things. In the past few weeks after slamming down the seat cage they would work for a shot time while I have the bucket on, but still occasionally freeze until I hit some bumps and then they start working. They are both locked at the same time, not one or the other. I assume it is in one of the valves on the main control block, but which one or could it be something else?

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-08-03 22:15

    Does it help if you turn off the aux. hyd's that run the backhoe? Maybe cycling the aux. hyd's a few times with the engine off may help.

  2. #2TPW2024-08-04 08:57

    I've tried that many times and I've turned the key to the left to get the hydraulic pressure out of the system.

  3. #3TPW2024-09-20 16:25

    What are the symptoms of part number 6664850 (lift lock valve assembly) going bad?

  4. #4TPW2024-09-20 17:11

    I think I found the problem. Debris getting under the seat so that the seat switch wasn't working or bad wires to the seat switch.