Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International 2500 engine compartment.

nedly05 ยท 2011-03-18 21:33

My 1994 international 2500 has nothing to protect the motor under the fenders. Is this unusual? It seems it to me, I was trying to think of what I could put in there to act as a " curtain" to keep debris off the road from damaging the motor. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1nedly052011-03-19 10:05

    Inner fenders, after doing some research it seems like they might not have any. Would it be a bad idea to build a frame to hold a mud flap to keep debris from going on to the motor Or is it fine to leave it be?

  2. #2Oldiron2011-03-25 23:18

    the IHC 2500s usually had a rubber curtain about half as heavy as a rubber mud flap that had a rod that held the top in place and the bottom was held by springs , you had to take them off to get at the motor and they ussually got lost, I would think the ih dealer could get them or at least a picture, they would be easy to make if you saw them, as I recall one end of the rod was vertical and the other horizontal , the rod was 7/16 or so thick, look on the firewall for a bracket that would hold a rod that size, they were 2 pieces of flat about 3/16 thick , and an inch or so apart.

  3. #3nedly052011-03-26 06:37

    Perfect, thank you very much!