Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International 3200A engine removal

Oerthedge21 ยท 2021-04-18 15:00

My love for facebook marketplace has landed me yet another gem for a deal I couldn't refuse. An old international 3200A with the backhoe attachment, all complete. Problem is the Wisconsin VH4D jammed in the rear of it needs a major overhaul and needs to be pulled. However IH seems to have built the machine around the engine. It's too tall to slide out the rear, and to lift it up looks to require pulling the pump pulleys and coupling from the crank, only possible by removing the lower hyd pump which looks like a days work in itself. The coupling looks to be a little too wide to fit through the slot in the mount bracket for the drive pumps. Anyone have any great ideas for me? I'm gonna keep fiddling with it in the meantime but it's supposed to rain tomorrow and I'd like to get this engine out before that

Replies0

No replies yet.