Hello to all, I'm new to the forum and hoping y'all can help me out. I have an International 412 Scraper with the transmission with 4 forward and 1 reverse gear, but it is getting no clutch pressure and will not move in any gear. It operated perfectly in all gears up until, while turning ang backing up, the tractor tipped forward and did a nose dive to the dirt. It sat like this for about 5 minutes with the engine idling until I could use our dozer to push on the bowl to put it back upright. I have checked the transmission fluid and the level seemed to be higher up the stick than normal. What could be keeping it from getting clutch pressure? Could there be a valve that got stuck or maybe a vapor lock in one of the lines? If so where would it be and how would i go about fixing it? Any input is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance, Matthew Barnes.
I am not familiar with the 412 transmission controls but most have some sort of clutch cutoff. This is used when the trans is in gear but the operator needs to stop for some reason. It is usually air operated from the left pedal and works like the clutch in a manual transmission. I would check this circuit first. Make sure the pedal isn't partially depressed. Beyond that I would put a test gauge in the main pressure port to verify the main pump pressure. I think the 412 used an Allison transmission such as a TT-2221 but I am not positive. Let us know what you come up with.
You mean it works off the air brake petal? There is no clutch petal, to shift i just move the lever to the next gear. But like i said, im not too familiar with these transmissions at all...
Post a couple pictures of the trans control valve. There should be an air line going to the control valve clutch cutoff port. It may go through an inversion valve first, again I am not familiar with the 412. Is there a park brake valve on the dash? A little more information on the machine would help. The clutch pedal many times is just like the brake pedal, if it doesn't have the clutch pedal everything may be incorporated in the brake. Again a couple pictures and more info would help. It's been a long time since I have seen one.