Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International 444E runs rough low power code sid0254

mattyt1984 ยท 2019-03-14 21:33

2002 international with 444e. Starts hard when cold has a slight miss at idle. Has low power. When I scan it Shows code Sid0254 and says abnormal frequency or pulse width or period. Also says 6 current above normal or grounded circuit sid 254 controller #1. I tested all cylinders with an infrared after several minutes of running the drivers side front only is about 100 degrees the one next to it 2nd back from drivers front is around 130 all other cylinders are about 180 degrees. Im thinking injector in the driver front? Any ideas or things to try?

Replies9
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-03-14 22:12

    Stick or automatic. Sticks are easy to overspeed when engine braking. Almost impossible with an auto. 444 uses valve cover as injector harness pass through, it also carries glow plug current. Remove valve covers and check wiring and pass throughs. That's what I'd start with

  2. #2kenh2019-03-15 00:01

    The GP wires have a neat trick of disconnecting themselves. here is a cheap kit to anchor them. 9Zip ties work too.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2019-03-15 07:06

    Check the harness first.. & if the scan tool is telling u injectors & u verified it w/ a temp gun, whats the hold up?? Lol IF u can afford it.. change ALL the injectors..& harness.. they ALL had the same fuel, time & heat run thru them. That's just "my" take on the situation.. yours may differ.

  4. #4Crummy2019-03-15 07:48

    Sounds an awful lot like the problem I had. See my thread if you want- " Full Circle... " I found a fix & it's still running great. Post #186 has the link for the kit.

  5. #5mattyt19842019-03-15 21:44

    Yesterday truck started ok when it was 70 degrees and also I don't remember the warn engine light coming on unit it ran for a few minutes. Today I went to start when it was only 35 degrees and it will not even start. It rumbles once in a while like it wants to but wont fire. Would 1 or 2 bad injectors cause this as well?

  6. #6funwithfuel2019-03-15 22:03

    Would a bad injector cause this Yes, but, I'd be looking at my glow plugs really hard.

  7. #7rwoody2019-03-15 23:00

    found this.. That code usually means there is a problem with the power connections to your ECM which could be anything from loose battery connections to bad ECM power relay. That code translates to 626 which is an unexpected reset DTC. I have found alot problems at the small power and ground connecters at the battery which go up to the ECM power relay. think CPS is going bad

  8. #8Tiny2019-03-18 17:42

    Two different older school buses it was where the wires go thru the valve cover gasket both were a hard miss until I moved the wires . then it run fine . for some reason both that acted up were on the right side . Put both on these machines . pretty common

  9. #9mattyt19842019-03-24 11:54

    Thanks for all the help. It was the number 1 injector coil bad.