I came a cross an IH 510 loader at a buddies equipment yard. Been thinking of buying a new truck to add to the snow plow fleet, but after looking at the 510 I'm just playing with the idea of buying a small loader instead. I'd put a 9 or 10' plow and use it as a back-up plow rig and a loader during the summer months. Just curious what anyone knows of the 510. I've run 2 different 510's over the years, both seemed like nice little loaders. This one seems to be in good shape, 1-1/2 yard bucket. Obviously pins and bushings are something to look at. Are the parts still available? Were they built buy someone else and badged IH? Any issues with the motors/trannies? Any info on them would be helpfull. Thanks.
They were built by IH, then Dresser..... Im not sure if Dressta still makes them or not. Depending on what year it is, it will either be IH or Cummins powered. Parts are still readily available if you know where to look. There is a very good IH/Dresser/Dressta dealer up towards you that is very knowledgable, PM for more info if you would like. As far as I know, the motors and trannies were a very simple, rugged design, but I can ask someone I know who was very involved with the design and building of those machines. What year is the one you are looking at?
Not sure of the year, didn't get a chance to look close. He said it was right and straight, looks clean other than a little surface rust. He did say he thought it was an early one, but not sure. I'll get more info on it. Not sure if this is the way to go, but weighing my options.
we have a 510b at work and it's a great little machine. it just keeps going and going.
dgreene, thanks, like your name, BTW. My grandfather was D B Greene, we're probably related somehow.:salute
I wouldn't doubt it I have relatives all over new england.
They are very weird in the D-R and back . The once I've operated were very slow in the cold too .Get a JD 544 and you'll never look back .
I put many hours on two International 25 loaders, look to be about the same size as the 510, but no cab, no engine compartment sidecovers, just pretty basic machines. These ran double shift in a gravel plant loading trucks and stockpiling 24/7. Never had any trouble with the machines, maintenance was easy and you could reach nearly everything without having to take a cover off. On the 510, transmission parts might be a bit dicey, but engine and other parts ought to be in good supply.
needing transmission 510B I have a 510 B in good condition---engine fresh on overhaul, excellent tires and recntly painted, but the transmission has failed---apparently a broken input or output shaft. I'm looking for a transmission to replace the existing one rather than spending the estimated $9,000 to have this one rebuilt. Any ideas where to start looking for parted out 510's?
We have a 88 520B and 95 515C. We get all of our parts from CN Wood in Woburn, MA. They originally sold the 515 we now own and we never had problems getting parts. We purchased a new parts and service manual from them last month. For engine parts we use Cummins Northeast in Canton, MA
510 parts Did you find a trans?? We have one and we are thinking of restoring it or parting out.
i have a transmision for the 510 i would have to pull it out let me know if your interested in it thanks mike emaile me at mikeemo1ataoldotcom
I have a 510b that I am looking for a hydraulic pump ?
I have a Dresser 510B. Does anyone know if oil is required between the engine and transmission (in the bellhousing)?