Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International 8100

PNECAT ยท 2015-11-04 22:53

Hey guys I'm looking for some suggestions on specifically the model International 8100 dump trucks. Found a 1994 tandem Hendricks suspension Cummins L10 with a Spencer 9 speed with a 13ft box. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1nowing752015-11-05 19:12

    We have a 96 with an m11 single axel. Has been a good truck just check the cab for rust. Also have a 95 with the l10 it's a box truck. No major complaints with either one of them

  2. #2PNECAT2015-11-05 20:14

    My 1993 ford L9000 single axle has the Cummins L10 260hp and I runs great with plenty of power so I'm good with the engine. I will look over the cab for rust this Saturday. Truck looks very solid.

  3. #3Shimmy12015-11-05 22:19

    Those trucks have an S-series cab. If it's rusted out, it will be the floor boards and under the doors. Pull back the floor mat, and look at the floor supports under the cab. We had a couple of '88 2500's. L10, 8LL, Hendrickson. Tough trucks. I think an 8100 is a single frame, but with only a 13' box, you will be fine.

  4. #4PNECAT2015-11-06 14:39

    Cab is rust free and all of the suspension hangers are good. Box is in shape also.

  5. #5PNECAT2015-11-06 16:56

    Millage is at 369'000

  6. #6Shimmy12015-11-06 21:21

    Damn that truck looks good.

  7. #7PNECAT2015-11-07 19:57

    So I pulled the trigger on the international 8100. The truck is super clean all the way around. I'm very happy with the entire truck. Frame and cab are straight and rust free. Engine and transmission are dry and operate good and all of the suspension and drive linkages are tight. Tires are brand new and very touchy beeaks. Box is solid with very little wear and the hydraulic cylinder is tight and dry with an electric rollrite tarp like new. Picked up a new caterpillar 279C today also.