Something popped an boom swings free 360° hyd control do nothing. can someone steer me in the right direction. Or correct forum? thanks
Sounds like swing motor gear. Check the motor to gear to turntable connections.
Can I get to the swing gearbox from underneath or do I have to remove the boom?
Some pictures and some info on who made the bucket truck is the only way to know. The bucket could be high ranger, altec, tele- elec or any number of other brands, without knowing which one, I'd be lying to you if I told you how it comes apart. I would doubt that it would require boom removal though. I'd for sure figure out a little better what the problem is before I started pulling boom off.
Only legible plate says Areial Lift Inc.
Sounds like it's an Aerial lift of CT. I take it that this is a to truck, correct? If so ALC produced units that used a planetary rotation gearbox, instead of a work gear more commonly used in bucket trucks. So it's possible the gear set has broken inside. Under the covers at the tried is the box and at the bottom is a cover so you can inspect the output pinion gear.
It's a bucket truck. I'll pull covers an give it a look thanks
That is about all you can do. There are so many ways that Manufactures have accomplished this task that it is hard to give you specific directions without pictures or a serial #.