Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International F-series wiring

charles walton ยท 2014-10-22 17:14

I have an 80 or 81 International that the title says is a f-2275 butt the manufacture sticker in the door says f-2574 so I'm not sure what I have and I was wondering if they have the same wiring and I also need a wiring diagram if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.I have seen some s-series manuals on e-bay would they be close to the same? The title says 81 but the sticker says 80

Replies3
  1. #1redneckracin2014-10-23 15:53

    Check your grounds first. that solves about 60% of electrical issues.

  2. #2global29572014-12-07 21:27

    Just rebuilt my 78 to an 1987 shes a 2574 all the wiring harnesses go by numbers and will drive you nuts. if you have a/c the harness is different plugs to heater core,relays etc but the good news is you can follow the number trail from start (fuse block) to finish (actual load) I bought my manual on E bay many different wiring diagrams depending on what your truck started out in life as. eg stripped chassis, bus, straight truck etc. if interested I will get my book and give you some reference points.

  3. #3Shimmy12014-12-07 23:34

    Yes, all straight trucks 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900, 2200, 2300, 2500, 2600 are S-series cabs. Wiring will be very similar, only differences will be what engine and if it has air brakes. As far as your truck, does it have a very short hood and a two-piece windshield? If so, then it's a 2200 with a 90" wide cab. MOST (but not all) 2300's had the standard 80" cab with one piece windshield. Now next step, if it doesn't have a short hood, either it will have a set back front axle and the headlights will angle back (this will be a 2600) or the front of the hood will be flat across grill and headlights. This will be a 2500. There are small differences in each model, too. 2554, 2574, 2654, 2674. I believe these are variances for axle weight ratings and such. Those S Series cabs don't really like rust so I wouldn't be surprised if someone has switched cabs somewhere along the way, especially if it came from farther north. Hope this helps you figure out what you have. What will suck for you is if that is not the original cab, hopefully the title is correct so you can use the serial number to get a line setting ticket for the truck chassis. The serial on the cab will get you one for that cab. Good luck.