I am currently looking at a International H65C loader. The loader has been sitting for a period of time. With a little work I got the engine started and it ran well. Went to see if the machine would move forward or backwards and it will not. It appears it is trying to move a little if you go from forward to reverse at about half throttle. is there anything like brakes being locked to not something not being engaged that could cause this.
I had a couple Hough 90C's . Did you check the trans fluid? Did you check while running? The left brake pedal also declutches the tranny. Sometimes the pedals rust up and stick down keeping the tranny from going into gear. Did you have air pressure? It takes air pressure to declutch. You could let all the air out and if it moves this is your problem. Good luck Randy
I did check the transmission fluid with the engine off and it was good. I did not check it with the engine running. I did notice the left pedal was froze up not sure if they are up or down and the right pedal was broken off. I dont think I had air pressure but not for sure if the gauge is working correctly. I did not hear any air leaks when the machine was shut down like I would have thought I would have. I will have to return to the machine and find the compressor so I can disconnect the air line. Is there anyway to visually see if the clutch is engaged or disengaged.
I've never worked on a H65 and haven't owned a H90 for years. If I remember right there's an air line from the brake pedal that goes to the tranny. You could pull that line to see if air is coming out of out while running. I'd fill the tranny first while it's running to see if that does it.
Ok I have been looking at the machine thinking of buying it. I can go back this weekend and add some fluid to the trans. I just want to ensure I am calling the right part transmission the one I checked was not the one attached to the motor it was the one down low in the machine that the drive shafts run out of to the front and back axle. Which one is the transmission. Also just like to ask about the value of the machine. It is an older machine and has several issues I have been able to identify pretty readily like the center pivot pins and bushings are worn out one of the steering cylinders the seals are blown out the pins and bushings on the bucket are gone and the bucket needs repair. They are asking 2400 for the machine which would about cover the weight in scrape.