Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International Harvester T4 Crawler Track Chains- Source?

kpowl ยท 2022-09-16 08:27

I realize this will be a long shot but..... . does anyone know of a source for a good set of track chains for an IH T4 crawler? It appears the same chains were used on IH T5, TD5, T340 and TD340. They are a 6.00 pitch.

Replies7
  1. #1hector gemme2022-09-16 10:22

    I am't sure if he still have some track for these machine but you could check with a dealer wagen drill machine shoulf have same track but longer

  2. #2kpowl2022-09-17 10:24

    Thank you for the information. I will see if I can locate a dealer and get more info.

  3. #3Tones2022-09-17 16:33

    Have you tried ITR? They may have something compatible.

  4. #4kpowl2022-09-18 07:43

    Thank you, I will check with ITR to see if they have anything to offer.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2022-09-18 09:21

    Hey Kpowl I don't know if they will have anything but you could contact Heavyquip in Memphis TN at (901) 396-7071, they deal in aftermarket tracks and parts, worth a shot.

  6. #6kpowl2022-10-31 11:19

    *UPDATE* - I was able to come across a set of tracks for a T-340 20 minutes from home. A nice gentleman had them and was willing to turn loose of them. The chains are in near new condition and the rails measure 2.97" out of 3.00". These chains should last me a lifetime with no more work than my crawler will see. I appreciate the information that everybody provided to my original post and hopefully give inspiration to other folks looking for the same parts.

  7. #7Tones2022-10-31 16:06

    Thanks for the update, glad you're up and running.