My grandfather passed away and he was a TD man for many years (still have a TD dozer and a puller) Anyways, we are cleaning up, and we have found 3 final drives and 5-6 heads. I'm sure my grandfather knew the condition of these, but we do not. Anyone have some info on these as far as value or where we should look to get rid of them? No one up here has a need for these and we are just looking to get a fair price for them. Thanks!!
I would not scrap them. A few of them machines are still around even here in Northern Minnesota. Condition of the heads are hard to tell with out being magnifuxed for cracks. The finals may be tell tale if the gears and stuff looks good. I'd stick them on Craig's list and ask for best offer. They are only worth a couple of bucks for scrap and maybe somebody else can be helped.
There is a guy here in Australia , that is after a head for a TD 24 .. I will pass a link on to him for this thread ,as i don't think he is a member of the forum .
I suggest you contact the Historic Construction Equipment Association, HCEA in Ohio, there are Many I-H owners. http://www.hcea.net/
Also try posting on the Redpower forum somebody there might want them or know the value. Steve