Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International TD15C Questions

Skip James · 2019-09-09 22:37

My girlfriends grandpa has an International TD15C sitting on his farm in SC and is selling off everything there. I will add pictures of it. He was going to just scrap the dozer but I’m hoping to get it moved to my shop and see if it’s worth bringing back to life. I’m pretty mechanically inclined on vehicles and equipment. Me and my grandpa row crop farm here in NC and am wanting the dozer for on the farm use and small land clearing. I am unsure of the year, can hardly make out the serial number. The exhaust has had a can over it so hopefully no water has gotten in the engine unless it’s through the air filter. It has been sitting I think for 4-5 years outside. Supposedly they moved it with a tractor a couple years ago so the tracks did roll. Her grandpa told me the guy who had it running last was running it off of cooking grease or some type of vegetable oil bio diesel stuff. My main concern is how bad could that stuff had harmed the engine? What all do I need to prepare for to try and start this thing? How can I find new or used parts for it? What motor is in it? I’m pretty sure it would be a DT466 from what I have looked up. It has a practically new blade on it, the driver gear teeth look to be in good shape, I really have no clue how to tell anything else on the undercarriage. Any other things I should watch out for or any comments would really help. Really have no clue where to start with this thing other than hooking up some batteries to at least make sure it will turn over before I go about cleaning out the fuel system, filters, changing oil and so on. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-09-10 06:22

    Wheres it at.?? if its not to far, I'll give u a hand.. Loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS BEFORE u start cranking it.. & have a way to shut it down if the motor takes off on you..after u clear/flush out the lines & tighten them up.. I seriously doubt it'll start, let alone pump, if the guy ran Bio/Chicken Grease thru it & let it sit.. I have to know what engine &/OR inj. pump is on it to help w/ diagnosis.. Get someone to snap a pic of the engine & send it to u & then u can post it here..{or my home email}

  2. #2Skip James2019-09-10 08:16

    It’s in Jefferson SC. Right off 151. I won’t be able to get any pics of the engine until probably about Thursday though. Do I need to go ahead and pretty much plan on pulling the injection pump?

  3. #3thepumpguysc2019-09-10 11:36

    Your up by Rock Hill.. That's a bit to far for me to drive..{over 2hrs} but I'd be happy to give u my # & u could snap some pics & walk u thru some diagnostics.. Def. plan on bringing 5-10 gal of fresh fuel.. minus the Bio if possible. EVERYONE should be looking at the % of bio at the pump.. the LOWER the BETTER.

  4. #4Skip James2019-09-10 11:46

    There shouldn’t be any bio in off-road I wouldn’t think which is what we have in our tanks at the farm. My number is 7042213104 if u wanna text me.