Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International td14 no diesel fuel

ronm · 2019-09-08 18:17

My td14 starts on gas, but cannot get diesel fuel flow. I have fuel to the injector pump, but nothing coming out. I could only find one strainer on this model and it was clean. I s there any thing else I can check or do myself, or does the pump have to be removed and repaired by a shop? This unit had been setting for about a year without being run, but filter and strainer passed fuel OK. Thanks for any help..Ron

Replies3
  1. #1RZucker2019-09-08 20:32

    Sounds like the rack is stuck in the stop position. Not being familiar with that pump I cant tell you how to free it up. But I have run into the same issue om a few early Cat engines, those you removed the lifter gallery cover on the pump and used a small brass punch to tap the rack free.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2019-09-09 06:37

    There are SEVERAL inj. pumps that could be on your engine.. A RoosaMaster/Stanadyne.. a Bosch or.. a cast iron IH pump.. Gotta know which one u have to better diagnose the problem.. BUT it "sounds like" a stuck rack or metering valve..

  3. #3ronm2019-09-09 11:02

    The tag on the pump is Ih65314da. Yes, the rack was stuck, but I thought I had it freed up. I have about a 1/4 to 3/8 inch of movement on the rack. Is that enough movement? you access it by removing a cover on the top right side of pump and it was a real bear just to free that much andI was afraid to keep prying and hammering back and forth because I didn’t know how much travel this has. I,ve had this problem in the past, but it would start at full throttle and could not reduce speed. I guess this means it was at the opposite side of its stroke. Thanks for all your help.