Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International TD7C

jd550 · 2010-05-07 20:46

Hi, I was wondering if any one has any information on a International TD7C. Like what year that model was made, how big they are, and if they are a good machine? My dad is looking for a dozer just for farm use and to do stuff on our mx track and we found this one in the paper for 12,000. So we were just seeing if it is worth our time to go take a look at it. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Double T2010-05-08 09:54

    Depending on what the serial number is the TD 7 C info is below TD 7 C Begining Ser# of model year 1970……………………..... 501 1971……………………..... 594 1972……………………..... 1040 1973……………………..... 1471 1974……………………..... 2007 I do not know anything about that model so I cant answer your other questions.

  2. #2John Canfield2010-05-08 17:20

    Here and here is some relevant information.

  3. #3drtwrk2010-09-28 16:32

    Powershift transmission I have a td7c and I'me having hyd oil boil out of the vent on top of the trans. I have to keep adding and it just comes out of the vent after awhile. anybody got any ideas

  4. #4koldsteele2010-09-29 09:07

    Sounds like air.I had one that would shoot the dipstick out of ...Problem customer left old O rings on the filter base ,bad seal around filter housing ..Usally you can here air ..makes a whining noise ..

  5. #5koldsteele2010-09-29 09:18

    Oh JD550 the one thing i do know about these machines is the motor is extremely costly to build ...And hard parts are scarce other than aftermarket .I built one with an aftermarket crankshaft and 300 hrs later it was snapped in 3 pieces ,never saw anything like it .Being gunshy about after market i hunted to find and original shaft ,pricey but original IH...Just my 2 cents ..Its a shame Dresser and Komatsu took over and made these machines expensive to buy parts

  6. #6koldsteele2010-09-29 09:23

    one more thing then I'll quit rambling on ..I've seen several of these machines retrofitted with a Cummins 3.9 , but told they didn't have these same power of a 231T..

  7. #7drtwrk2010-10-01 15:51

    Thanks I'll try to find it!