I feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle. My neighbor (The greatest neighbor in the world) has a D20P-7. I recently completed his wiring problems and it cranks and runs fine now (that is if you just want to go staight). It won't turn. I pulled his hydraulic steering pump and found the splined shaft was snapped off. I opened it up and found one gear section that looked like some grit had ground both sides of the gear. Only one gear is whats so strange. Anyway it probably locked up and snapped the shaft. Can someone help me find a new or good used pump? Again it's a D20P-7 ..Ser#78120. Thanks in advance! :Banghead
Hey guys, Sorry I didn't get that parts breakdown for you (been really busy around here) but looks like you found what the problem is yourself. That pump is available from Komatsu I think becaues it's still listed in their parts system but dang is that expensive. Did you get any numbers or details off the pump's tag? Talk to you again. Darin
Yeah I found the problem and got one quote on a new one. After hearing the price I thought to myself that I didn't want to buy the Komastu Co. just the pump. There's no way that little pump is worth that kind of money. I was waiting for your email but after a while I thought you forgot so I set out on my own. At the present it's at a machine shop to see if they can rebuild it without buying the company. Still waiting on the quote.
. www