Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International truck question

rondig ยท 2022-01-13 19:22

I just bought another international hooklift truck....2004. It has 3.42 rears and a fr12210b so 1 to 1 high gear 10 speed....problem is with 22.5 tires it is at 1725 rpm for 60 mph....seems kinda high rpm for all day long operation...it is factory ordered this way...got is set for 2000 rpm....it has 188000 miles on it...so I guess it hasn't quit yet....just wondering if anyone ever ran an ht 530 at that rpm with luck....my other ht 530 runs 1600 at 60 mph

Replies6
  1. #1cuttin edge2022-01-13 19:40

    What's it got for a motor? Our old DT466s run around 2 grand to go 100kph and some have over a million kms on them

  2. #2rondig2022-01-13 19:44

    Ht 530...they max out at 2k rpm

  3. #3Willie B2022-01-13 20:22

    I have no knowledge of IH engines. I had a Chevy C65 27500 GVWR 5 speed Eaton, Two speed Eaton rear GM tall block 427 gas truck engine 3000 RPM was exactly 50 MPH. A highly respected engine builder rebuilt mine before I installed it. I ran 50 to 55 MPH all the time on level towing 23000 behind. It charred the paint in a couple spots on the intake, but showed no sign of suffering from speed. Climbing, I often ran as high as 4000 RPM. I replaced that truck with a former fire truck. It has Caterpillar 3208 10.4 liter V8, turbo. No powerhouse, it moves the load if I'm patient. 50 MPH is exactly 2000 RPM. At 2500 RPM I'm about 65 MPH. I have NO torque at 2500, it has its best power at 1800 to 2000 RPM

  4. #4cuttin edge2022-01-14 08:16

    Yeah, I don't know that one. The DTs never seemed to have a problem taking a rev. I assume you spend a lot of time on the highway. Try down in the truck forum.

  5. #5John C.2022-01-14 09:50

    The RPM won't hurt anything. They are designed to run at governed speed 100% of the time.

  6. #6redneckracin2022-01-14 10:02

    I believe my dt530 ran close to 1750 at 70 with the 19.5 tires on it. It had an MD 3060P trans in it though. I believe O/D was .65 to 1 though! Either way, wide open is fine, the cooling system is big enough to handle it.