Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Introducing myself

checkitprobes ยท 2023-03-15 16:24

I am Joe Alt. I have a small business making Terminal Test Probes and Kits for automotive and marine technicians. I retired from the automotive industry with 50+ years of hands-on electrical experience I was recently contacted by a service technician who bought one of my probes and was very pleased with the quality, and fit. He asked if I would put together a kit that was an affordable alternative to the JDG10644 I did some research and the kit from John Deere is over $ 600.00 I have learned that the kit has approximately 17 male and female terminals I would like to know if anyone would be interested if I could build a kit for $ 200.00 If I have enough interest I would be willing to buy the JDG10644 kit to use as a reference so all of the probes would meet the same size standards. I only use OEM terminals! No foreign knockoffs. and provide a Lifetime Replacement Warranty. I sell on eBay and have a website. Not sure if I can supply the link here in the forums? Thanks, Joe Alt

Replies3
  1. #1digger242j2023-03-15 19:03

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, Joe. Our advertising policy specifically allows for vendors to post ONE introductory post or thread and carry on any further discussion there. So yes, you are allowed to post a link. That having been said, THANK YOU, for having the courtesy to ask. It's a rarity, and you have no idea how refreshing it is when somebody actually shows the courtesy of doing so. Best of luck in your endeavor.

  2. #2checkitprobes2023-03-16 13:55

    You can find my Terminal Test Probes and Kits on eBay (checkit test probes), and my website www.checkitprobes.com

  3. #3checkitprobes2023-03-16 16:35

    The test probe kit should be jdg10466. That's what happens when you think that you have got it right. Sorry for the mistake.