I stumbled across this site, by accident. Nice. I am run 48 states, and have just renewed the endorsements for hazmat, tankers, doubles and triples. I had fully intended to let the hazmat go, due to all that hooie, from homeland security. I hate myself, now... I was a flat bedder, until a couple of years ago, when I got my own rig. I like the Volvo and getting my own rig seemed to be the only way to do what I do, in my preferred truck. I spent 6 months on vans, and 6 months on straight bore tankers. I don't like vans, since I can't see what the load is doing. I didn't much care for food grade tankers, mostly due to the customers. They don't even like playing in the dirt. After several hours, I have finally managed to upload some pictures. I was unable to post from Photobucket. Very tedious. I can't seem to organize or manage them, and I'm no stranger to forums... Here are some pictures: The rig, I got friends, too. I had pulled in to go to dinner. The a/c was pumping good, so I went back out for a jacket. I think I scared them a little, but told them they were cool, as long as they would hold still for a picture. Then there is a better view of my avatar picture. This scraper had a poor steering box and a hard time holding air. The original loading operator was a young fellow, fairly new. He had a hard time keeping his eye on me, and would move the unit on his own. He and the observer seemed to think that they were in charge, until I replaced them with their supervisors. Lastly, is a Cat 740. I blocked out the background (high % transparency), while playing with PaintdotNet. I got a long ways to go, on the learning curve, for that program. It is free and is a major challenge to Photoshop and GIMP. It is also light weight and more intuitive, than the others. I am looking for a plastic toy model, at 1:16 scale. The last one I found at Walmart, but I can't seem to find them anywhere, anymore.
Nice pictures. :drinkup There are several other OTR drivers on here so you should fit right in.
welcome to hef hi sam nice to see new heavy haulers join in the fun.Im a fellow heavy hauler in central cal,but i do get to wander out of state some times.:salute
Thanks. I hope to learn a little, here. I been around a little while; just ain't got the smarts to show for it... You'll appreciate that by the time that scraper was loaded, the water was ankle deep, in my boots. The others didn't get so wet. The crowd of people on the trailer were watching a drag race, while I was at the dinner table. The trailer gave them a little better view. I was in Bakersfield last month. I was always worried about the POlice, since I idle while the computer is on. Here is a little fellow I met in AZ, up near Monument Valley.
That snake look like he's very happy and wants to reach out and touch you
Nice pics. Welcome to HEF Sam. :drinkup
Thank you. Yeah, that snake was cool. I think I could have picked him up like Steve, the Crocadile Hunter. He didn't seem all that "rattled", by me being there I stood up one time, and he reacted by lifting the front half of his body. When I stooped back down, he went back down. Here I try a direct link from photobucket. It works...
I loved the picture of that Military grader, that one was cool for sure If you have any other cool pictures please post them
You mean scraper??
I have a lot of pictures on a hard drive, and a thumb. The hard drive crashed earlier this year, and I haven't found anyone to try a recovery effort. I also broke the thumb drive, and still have hopes of finding someone smart enough to recover them both. Here is an earth mover of a different sort. It shakes the earth. Sonic waves return to sensors, and are analyzed for indications of oil. I seem to have a very hard time with these forums. I cannot figure out how to edit my post, and I am having trouble loading pictures, again. I managed to get it done, before, but not now. I'm confused, again. Here is the link. Paste it to your browser, in case it didn't load with the post. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/nomad1/AbouttoUnloadinCAat35percent.jpg
A thumper!:thumbsup
Yea, sorry, I mess up once and a while wit posting and typing. I think I am always doing to much at once Happy Holidays !!!