Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NEW Truck!!

jazak ยท 2007-11-08 21:44

Well I went down (actually flew down) and got a new truck. (NC) 2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab SLT 5.9L, 4speed auto 8' bed, 4x4 11:50 Rear Patriot Blue I got 0% for 60 + no $$$$ down + free tank of fuel + free bedliner + free dinner with the owner of the dealership. (They also wanted $4K LESS then my local Dodge dealer) So let me know what you think.

Replies23
  1. #1PSDF3502007-11-08 23:16

    Look nice!! Pays to shop around.

  2. #2chipsearthworks2007-11-09 07:42

    You can just keep coming north into ct and deliver that to me! PLease!!!! No in all seriousness very nice truck, I have always loved the partiot blue, whats the plans with it ? Daily driver,work,etc?? still very nice.:drinkup :drinkup

  3. #3jazak2007-11-09 08:12

    It'll be a daily driver as well as a personal truck and I'll tow a chipper, skidsteer, etc with it if need be. Yesterday we went up to my buddies who has 8 acres and loaded it up with wood. Gives a really smooth ride and I'm getting 17mpg and its not even broken in!

  4. #4Dozerboy2007-11-09 21:46

    That Cummin's is a hell of a engine to bad its has a Dodge truck wrapped around it. You need some Bombs for that truck and really make her run check out DB's .:drinkup :drinkup

  5. #5jazak2007-11-20 16:46

    Have been busy lately heres a pic of it in front of the house.

  6. #6dayexco2007-11-20 18:27

    0% for 60 months? how much of a discount would they have given you for cash? reason i ask is....money costs money, dodge has to pay for the cost of that money for 5 yrs...... i would think that the discount they could allow for cash deal would make it in line with the bank #'s BTW, nice lookin truck

  7. #7NateV2007-11-20 18:29

    Nice truck for being a Dodge but i still dont trust dodges autos.

  8. #8D5G2007-11-20 19:21

    Nice truck,sounds like you got a good deal.

  9. #9Countryboy2007-11-20 19:36

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums D5G! :drinkup

  10. #10D5G2007-11-20 19:40

    Thanks Countryboy!:usa

  11. #11CM19952007-11-20 20:20

    Nice truck Jazak!:drinkup How does it ride unloaded? 17MPG - that's pretty darn good!

  12. #12jazak2007-11-22 19:38

    The more weight in the back the better it rides. Overall I love the truck so far & will slowly be adding to it. I get 15.5mpg around twon & 17mpg on the highway. To get list- rubber floor mats (I know I know should've got them from the 1st day) backrack w/ rear work lights and 2 led warning lights spray in bed liner side steps PATRIOT's logo and thats it for now............. Thanx for all the compliments!

  13. #13jazak2007-11-22 19:40

    Nope, I paid only $38K for the truck. They would've taken no less then $35K CASH. I would've payed a hell of alot more then that on interest from my bank.

  14. #14CM19952007-11-22 20:33

    Are the Dodge autos made by Aisin?

  15. #15D5G2007-11-22 20:36

    WOW soundslike you are putting a lot of money into it.Can we some some pics of it with all the new goodies on it?

  16. #16thejdman042007-11-22 21:26

    congrats

  17. #17BobCatMan2007-11-23 14:28

    Dude that's a very nice looking Dodge,hope it lasts you a loooong time

  18. #18jazak2007-11-24 16:09

    lol thats on the "to get list", only thing I've gotten so far is rubber floor mats. Probably in the spring I'll put the rest on, once $$$$$ starts coming in again.

  19. #19Dozerboy2007-11-24 19:37

    Not there pickups only the 3500+ chassis cabs IIRC.

  20. #20jughead2007-12-09 13:04

    new truck NICE Dodge only way to fly in my humble opinion.

  21. #21thejdman042007-12-15 16:00

    nice

  22. #22RollOver Pete2007-12-15 17:33

    You'll be happy with the 5.9. Check out http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/ http://www.tdr1.com/ http://www.cumminsforum.com/ Lots of good info to be found on these sites.

  23. #23Legdoc2007-12-16 10:01

    That truck would look good with me driving it!