Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IR DD 24

bkmech · 2023-11-11 08:01

Hi new to this forum have worked on paver equipment for 38 years and counting. Need an electrical schematics for a 1990–95 DD24 can anyone help?

Replies19
  1. #1Vetech632023-11-11 09:07

    What issues are you having? I don't have any info on one that small but a lot of the Ingersols are very similar.

  2. #2bkmech2023-11-11 10:20

    Thank you for the reply Engine cranks but wont start. i can use power probe and power up brake light on dash and engine shut down solenoid clicks. Checked for continuity across emergency stop NC switches found ok. 4 wires on emergency stop not sure where they go. I know when depressed shuts on engine and stops cooler fan.

  3. #3Vetech632023-11-11 10:36

    The start circuit should run through the park brake, seat switch, and a neutral start. Chase the circuit from those.

  4. #4bkmech2023-11-11 10:46

    Yep Jumped seat switch engine cranks. Machine in neutral. Emergency stop has continuity through it I’m assuming at least one wire at emergency stop should have 12 volts but does not.

  5. #5Vetech632023-11-11 11:05

    I belive one side of the estop switch has power and the other side runs to the engine shut off solenoid. Have you checked the fuse panel? Not only for burned fuses but for corrosion?

  6. #6bkmech2023-11-11 11:42

    Well I know 2 of the 4 fuses have power in and out they are 20 amps the others are 5 amp and 10 amp not sure if they are correct but no power in on those two. all fuses are good no corrosion. I’m assuming solid gray wire should be hot and it’s not since a gray with black tracer has continuity to shut down solenoid. When I power it up solenoid clicks

  7. #7Vetech632023-11-11 13:00

    I have a couple of Ingersoll prints at home and they should be very similar. Ill look when I get home and report back

  8. #8bkmech2023-11-11 16:14

    Thanks so much for your help. On the Deutz engine…front lower left is a Bosch relay in a large housing any idea what that’s for?

  9. #9Vetech632023-11-11 17:45

    Post a pick of it. You do know that Ingersoll is famous for using diode blocks and relays that look almost identical? I have run into electrical problems created by use of the wrong one in specific places.

  10. #10bkmech2023-11-11 18:54

    Dynapac had specific relays also. This one has 4 wires in relay base two red assuming power in and out one is ground and other I would think control the machine is at my shop where I work will get a pic to you Monday evening.

  11. #11mg23612023-11-12 06:47

    Check your messages.

  12. #12funwithfuel2023-11-12 07:10

    Can you post the serial number? I could try to find you a schematic off Prosis.

  13. #13bkmech2023-11-12 08:07

    S# 152774

  14. #14bkmech2023-11-12 08:27

    Thanks so much I’ll try this schematic tomorrow

  15. #15funwithfuel2023-11-12 08:35

    Man, I'm sorry, I spoke too soon. Volvo has purged the IR from their service portal. All replaced with ABG from Germany. Sorry. It was available in the past.

  16. #16bkmech2023-11-12 08:46

    No problem Thank you I’m very impressed with all the replies/help with this problem

  17. #17funwithfuel2023-11-12 08:48

    This Is "the place" and you're in good hands with these other two yahoo's.

  18. #18bkmech2023-11-12 09:17

    Well your a good bunch!

  19. #19bkmech2023-11-13 17:53

    We’ll update on DD 24. The relay front LH side of engine is start relay. Found oil pressure sender wire was pulled off of sender and wire tied to steel injector line. Insulation was cracked badly and bare wire was making contact to steel line. I think engine shut down because of grounded oil pressure sender wire. Secured wire away from line and machine kept running