Hello! I'm trying to find information on the maximum fork width for an IR / Skyjack 843D. I'm not looking for the width of the fork its self, but the out-to-out distance of the forks at their farthest setting on the frame. Its hard to find detailed specifications on these forklifts. Anyone have advice on where to get more info than the overview spec manuals? Thanks!
Go to skyjack.com and look on the lower left hand side. There is a chart for each manual. Check the proper machine and the manual you would like. I didnt look in each manual but i would guess its in there somewhere.
Barklee, Thanks for the post! I actually did find that link and was impressed with the info Skyjack made available. I found the information I was looking for in the Operator's Manual. I'm used to working with cranes where technical info is very easy to obtain. When we're asked to perform an analysis or design for smaller equipment (forklifts, loaders, some excavators) it can be tougher!