I came across some posts of TMZ owners that you helped out. I'm at my whit's end and am ready to hurt something.....LOL. I sure would appreciate some of your knowledge. The machine is a TMZ34/19. S/N T3401-328. Electric Schem #ES0209 VIN #5D8AA19171R000328 Batteries were replaced last year. (2) motor controllers in the last 3 years which I believe was due to bad batteries. The control boards are the original green boards. The lift gets used very little and sits for weeks at a time in my driveway. It was acting really bad before I changed the batteries last year. The new batteries seemed to fix the controller issues until a few days ago. The ground controls work perfectly for the time being. The basket controls are intermittent at best. Might work for a few seconds and then quit. The basket will not work at all. If I extend the basket from the ground control and then switch the key to basket control, the basket will immediately retract without pushing the down button. The other jib cylinders stay in place when the key is switched. All functions seem to work perfectly from the ground control. Basket controls are the problem. My machine doesn't have the error display. You mentioned that you had a computer program. Any chance it's still available? I will be more than happy to compensate your time. I did some checking this morning and found the following: 1. All of the ground controls work perfectly. 2. None of the platform controls work. 3.with Ground Control active: I can hear the basket solenoid click as each of the buttons are pressed. All buttons except rotation. 4. Platform Control Active: The platform solenoid clicks for all buttons except the "Down Basket" and rotation buttons. 5. If the basket is raised with the ground control, it will immediately drop if the key is switched to "Platform". I tried to plug the platform touchpad ribbon connector into the ground control pc board but the ground control ribbon plug has more connector pins so I didn't push them together. With the platform touchpad ribbon connector unplugged, I used my ohm meter to look for continuity of any two of the ribbon wires and all combinations were infinity. Best Regards, Chuck Castiglione 310 Mercer Rd. Greenville, PA. 16125 [email protected] 724-813-2102
More info... The unit sat all day. Started to mess with it this afternoon and everything started working. I noticed that the clicking noise that I had heard coming from the jib solenoid valve doesn't happen when the platform is working properly. The spring loaded 'Manual Release' button on the end of the jib solenoid valve is stuck "In". I removed the valve from the cylinder and am trying to loosen the pin up. Chuck
I tried contacting GENIE a few times and got no response so I decided to try and find the problem myself, and finally did...... Each time the key was turned to the platform position, if the jib valve clicked (powered up) I immediately knew that the platform control were inoperative. If the valve didn't click, the platform controls worked fine. I opened up the platform control box and began wiggling the touch pad ribbon connector and the valve began clicking on and off. I used some contact cleaner on the connector which didn't help. Then I removed the pc board and re-soldered the ribbon cable connector pc board connection on the rear of the board. There must have been a bad solder joint because we're good now. Chuck
need help as well voodoomojo