Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IR V530

tool_king ยท 2020-05-09 22:17

Hi guys Working on a IR v530 that is will not drive forward or reverse .Parking brake is released but shows brake symbol light on dash with exclamation mark . I check all the fuses . Any one have experienced this ? Does anyone have a service manual in pdf form they could email me.

Replies16
  1. #1John C.2020-05-10 09:57

    I don't have a book but was just wondering if this machine is a telehandler? Is the parking brake manual or some kind of electric or hydraulic control?

  2. #2tool_king2020-05-10 10:07

    Yes John it is a telehandler. Machine has hydrostatic drive system looks like .Parking brake is manual lever with electric switch that triggers a different light to come on.Lever is all the way down .I tried disconnecting the switch but just makes the light not come on .IT sold this devision out the Volvo.

  3. #3excavator2020-05-11 00:38

    I have a customer with one and never have been able to find a manual. I'm sure they're out there but not sure where.

  4. #4tool_king2020-05-11 08:18

    Can you copy the operation manual from it .This one does not have have one at all so stuff is a pain . Thanks Ed

  5. #5excavator2020-05-11 14:31

    Not sure if it has one and it's in an oil refinery so getting to it is a pain. I'll see what I can do.

  6. #6Txhayseed2020-06-12 18:08

    If its a mechanical parking brake it could release or not and usually you can still drive the machine. Hence the light. Replaced alot of pads where customers drove around with brake on. If you suspect the brake is not releasing you can block the wheels drop the handle and go under and see. I dont think the parking brake is causing your no drive issue. It would still engage but with resistance from the brake drag. The parking brake should have just a simple switch that opens or closes when the handle or part of the handle makes contact turning off the light. As far as no drive forward or reverse id check my F&R switch switch. Check over on skyjacks web site. Skyjack bought ingersoll and continued using the same design for a good while. Didn't change much for a number of years. I was able to use a skyjack manual for an older vr1056 wiring schematic not long ago.

  7. #7John C.2020-06-12 19:56

    Did you get the V530 figured out and fixed? I ran into a parking brake issue on the Terex I've been working on. It has a hydraulic normally closed switch that is teed into the down stream of the parking brake valve. Park release is done using pilot pressure and when the hydraulic pump died, so did the release pressure for park. Not enough pressure and the switch stayed closed and would not release the brake.

  8. #8tool_king2020-06-12 20:25

    Update Yes we did. Had a electrical wiring connection issue in the dash that was causing the issue

  9. #9tool_king2020-06-12 20:29

    I have had that on Terex before .Or when the switch fail the light says on .

  10. #10tool_king2020-06-12 20:32

    This machine is hydro static.It is working .I drove it around and beat on a bit .Without any issues.

  11. #11excavator2020-06-12 23:11

    Did you ever find a service manual?

  12. #12tool_king2020-06-13 12:29

    I did not yet .

  13. #13Txhayseed2020-06-17 15:06

    https://techpub.skyjack.com/doc-search?s=Vr&region=NA&language=en&doc_type=

  14. #14excavator2020-06-17 19:03

    Nope, not listed. But thanks anyway.

  15. #15Txhayseed2020-06-19 16:58

    Also wasn't that machine also rebranded by bobcat ?

  16. #16excavator2020-06-19 17:52

    Yes, I believe it was.