is it true that Ireland produces the best heavy plant operators in the world?
I don't know whether that's true or not, but I do believe it's true that, "The Irish fight among themselves, because they can find no other worthy opponents."
i couldn't agree more as well as having the finest plant operators on the planet they produce the best drink in the world GUINESS :drinkup so now we not only have the finest plant operators on the planet we also produce the best drink in the world. No competion really atall atall atall:notworthy
Ha Ha Ha. The best Grader drive I ever met was Irish and so was the best welder. But!! The worst GF I ever meet was Irish. This Guy had a 777B door welded shut (With driver in it) to keep production up :crazy Ross
I Know what you mean Ross I'v worked with many a paddy G.F they are a breed of there on, a lot are ex operators on a power trip they are sound whilst on the levers but give them a bit of shout and they are Hitlers reincarnation but personaly in my experience the best way to take them is by the THROAT usually if your good enough on the levers and the company knows you are you can get away with it
Paddy gang, Egnsean I have worked with Irishmen near all my life, from Muckshifting to Tunneling, I have always found them great mates and good to work along with, one thing I have always done is work as hard if not harder than my mates from "Over Yonder" they always respect someone who is willing to put there back into a task, as for better drivers, all I will say is they dont moan or waste good daylight when there is work to do, I've seen some rough bu###rs in my day. blowing it on tctractors.
hi tctractors you are right they make great mates all i am saying is once they become G.F + they are full of themselfs and if you are not a paddy yourself you are not truely one of the clan ie: as you state yourself you have to work harder than them just to be equal
ie subservence is no excuse just to stay in a job:Banghead: real drivers don't take XXXX
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums egnsean! :drinkup
Can we get a translator here? One of me mates is from the UK and he has to draw me pictures so I can understand him.
The Irish nearly compete with Italians with how obnoxious they can be:usa
I'll avoid asking the obvious question of whether you're one or the other...
i'm English, from Lancashire uk, merry christmas all
I'll take an Irishmn or a Brit any day over a New Yorker (NYC) any day.
irish operators I hear that Irish operators are only good for one thing loading dynamite into JCB'S and driving them into British army convoys. lol
not funny NOT
I agree not funny, many people lost family in the troubles,sounds like a ***** to me
the best operators come from rural backgrounds,farming or ranching.
Best operators. Hi, Egnsean. Welcome to the forum. I doubt that any one country has the outright monopoly on the 'best operators'. I have seen some very good Australian operators and some atrocious ones. The same applies to every race/nation that I have ever had anything to do with. H**l, I have even seen some good American and English operators. LOL. One thing I have noticed is that the better operators are quite often easier to get along with, possibly because they don't feel they have anything to prove. I have worked with quite a few Irishmen and one or two Irishwomen. Almost all have been good workmates and good company away from the job. I have seldom found the 'clan' issue to be an issue, probably because they were mostly few in number on any one job site that I have been on.
i completely agree with deas. i dnot think that any one race make the best operators, there are good operators every were ass for the beer they make, yuk! there is a reason they call bud the king of beers merry CHRISTmas:usa
Like a Blonde in a Black Dress merry CHRISTmas to all too... sorry pushkid but your comments about Guinness reminded me of an old joke: After the Great Britain Beer Festival, in London, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer. The guy from Corona sits down and says, "Hey Senor, I would like the world's best beer, a Corona." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him. The guy from Budweiser says, "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser." The bartender gives him one. The guy from Coors says, "I'd like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring water, give me a Coors." He gets it. The guy from Guinness sits down and says, "Give me a Coke." The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered. The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask "Why aren't you drinking a Guinness?" and the Guinness president replies, "Well, I figured if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither would I."
bang on too true wulf:drinkup you cant beat a pint of black stuff or some old speckled hen or the hundreds of other proper beers
i was watching discovery channel do a program about a huge dam project in china. cats everywhere dozers,track hoes, a line of 797 haul trucks a mile long, after the dam was or is finished millions of chinamen and their families had to relocate cause their cities were now underwater. but watching those little people get out of those big machines just seemed funny.
Gee Whizz,as an inhabitant of the emerald isle I dunno how I am going to scratch my big head!!!! Seriously race has nothing to do with it,more a desire and passion to operate heavy equipment from all concerned. However a few years ago a tipper driver told me of an english guy who was so good he worked all over the world on golf course work and at that time had a girlfriend in Lisburn so he got a job in between golf courses so to speak with the local hotshot contractor. The first job was levelling tipper loads to form a bank around a fish pond,so our man arrives late-no problem,usual scenario is black smoke from the poor Komatsu being worked to death to catch up. However our man hops onto the machine and starts the engine then settles down to read the newspaper,the boss meanwhile has been getting aggro from the workforce-Whens he gonna do some work? ete etc So the boss siddles over to see when is production gonna happen,back he comes scratching his head,our man has told him to go away and not worry! So after another painfully long period to the onlookers our man folds the paper away,pulls a few revs and away he goes. Quite literally the piles are disposed of and the site is tidied up in a twinkling of an eye,without I was told any overloading of the blade.Meanwhile the rest are in shock as he parks up and pulls out the paper! I don`t if I believe this or not as you can never trust tipper drivers and he also said the guy was english!!!!! Sorry Graham only joking Happy New year everybody Neil
I agree with you Deas. Good operators come in all shapes and sizes. In Bougainville I taught a few PNG indiginees to operate my D7E with a logging winch. Due to excellent hand to eye co-ordination (meaning they could pick up any rock and hit a flying bird) some were very good operators, but not all of them. In Telfer gold mine WA around 1976 we had females on 773 and Terex rear dumps. They were much tougher than the men and would keep going when conditions and dust got bad. Some also drove graders maintaining haul roads and even dozers cleaning the edge on the tip area. Once again, some were naturals, some not. The best operator on all types of equipment I ever knew was a Yugoslav bloke. He could operate everything from drill rigs to loaders, dozers etc etc but his english was pretty hard to understand until you got used to it. Still he knew how to do the job & that's all that mattered.
The dirt mover with the "twinkler in his eye" Did he have a bushy white beard,red suit,used reindeer to get around.That might have been Saint Nick !!!! :beatsme :usa
I'm not a true Irishman (born in the US, but still got the red hair, freckles and drinking problem)... and I certainly wouldn'y say that I (we) are the best, but I am d**n good at what I do, wether it be a dozer, hoe, loader, on the ground with a level and an engineers rule. You can always be as good as the next man as long as you're willing to learn. :usa
That was fun I don't think I've enjoyed reading post on these forums as much as I did these
Neil, do you happen to know the name of that guy?
Sorry,the tipper driver did not know his name and I have a mate that works for the local Komatsu dealers who would have been working on the contractors machines-he had no success either Neil