Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Iron Pics

D5G ยท 2008-06-21 21:39

Hey Guys, Just figured out how to post pics, I have thousands of pics from "unique" jobsites and I will post a few here, and see if anyone likes them. Mike

Replies10
  1. #1D5G2008-06-21 21:41

    oops:Banghead

  2. #2D5G2008-06-21 21:46

    On this site, they demolished a building and are reclimating the site for use as an outdoor luch area / park.

  3. #3D5G2008-06-21 22:02

    I also forgot to add that the contractor is Kenmore Construction out of Akron, Ohio. Also, you can see all of these buildings are very old, so a big challenge in this job is keeping the buildings shored up while they work. Mike

  4. #4D5G2008-06-23 19:32

    Next Set These pics are from about two months ago and show some progress on the project. 1. JD 310D Hammering an old piling removed from the site 2. Cuttin the rebar out of the broken up piling 3. Hole where the piling used to be on site 4-5 Cleaning up at the end of the day

  5. #5landrvrnut222008-06-23 20:58

    That looks familiar, but I can't place where it is at. Looks like it is down around Canal Park. That's not for the canal house they are getting ready to move, is it? Kenmore is doing roadwork around my current project close to the University. They aren't a bad company, they have a ton of iron. I meet with the city and Kenmore every Wednesday to discuss the street improvements. Bill Scalia, the owner, attends the meetings. He is also friends with our CEO. If I get the time, I will take a picture of the crane they brought in for the new U0fA Stadium. It's a brand new Mantowoc 14000 crawler. Talk about a big crane.

  6. #6D5G2008-06-23 21:55

    Well Adam it is about a block north east of canal park, I don't know exactly what they are doing but then again I have asked a few people around that site and they don't know either LOL. It isn't for the house moving WBC (Welty Building Co.) Is in charge of that if i'm not mistaken, I will find out about that though because I know a few people at WBC. I know Kenmore is a good company and you are dead on they have a serious amount of iron. I haven't gotten over to the University project yet but I think WBC has some stake in that as well. Hope you get to get over there I would love to see pics of the 14000. Do you know who did the excavating for the stadium? I was thinking Independence but I wasn't sure. Thanks, Mike

  7. #7landrvrnut222008-06-24 07:51

    Kenmore is doing the site and utility work for the stadium as well. They are excavating the lower portions of the stadium into sandstone. I have not seen the full plans for the stadium but I know they have gone about 15' into the sandstone so far. Welty is the CM/GC for the stadium project. The downtown Welty job is a block away from our office. They are also using my concrete sub for that project. The house is ready to move, and I believe they are moving it this Sunday. I am going to try to come up and see it. I am building the townhouses just 2 blocks south of the stadium. Not a whole lot of equipment here right now, a couple of boom lifts, a bobcat, and a Gradall. But it's a unique proect. We are marketing towards University staff and business professionals. Right now the area is a bit of a mess, but we hope our project, and the road improvements will make a huge difference. I can see the entire jib of the crane above my project from my office window. It's pretty cool seeing a 300ton crawler work. I'll get some pictures today if my camera cooperates.

  8. #8D5G2008-06-24 17:04

    Adam, let me call me guy at welty and confirm that, i'll let you know soon. Mike

  9. #9D5G2008-06-27 15:06

    Howe House Move info- Hey Adam, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I was at the site today where they're going to move the house, and have a few pics to post. They are moving the house first thing MONDAY morning, June 30. Just in case anyone wants to come see it. Here are the pics, 1 - 320CL and D4H LGP movin dirt where house is to sit 2 - ( from inside Welty trailer )T800 bringin in stone 3 - ( from inside Welty trailer )Another shot of the T800 4 - 320CL idilin 5 - Somewhat of a 'site view' from the trailer Mike

  10. #10D5G2008-06-27 21:21

    Last 3 I have. 1-2 D4H LGP Dzin gravel for the site 3 - City droppin off barricades for the move