Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Iron Planet JCB 8025 just arrived and wont pull itself up an incline? Any Ideas?

Al-B ยท 2012-09-06 21:37

I just bought this from Iron Planet, it starts, ran off the trailer but when I tried to go over a 6x6 board the right track just stops while the left keeps trying? actually seems like a clutch is slipping or something? Any suggestions? I'll be buying a shop manual online tomorrow to trouble shoot it and calling the auction house as they had thier Approved stamp review on it but I'm getting a real bad feeling about this purchase! its a 2007 JCB 8025 with 700 hrs on it so it shouldnt have serious problems? I would have hoped!?

Replies9
  1. #1KSSS2012-09-06 22:38

    I hopefully for you its not a bad drive motor. Thats a spendy fix. Did that machine have a warranty on it from Iron Planet?

  2. #2Al-B2012-09-07 08:04

    Yea it had the Ironclad warrenty, however Im not sure how good that is YET? the machine did move but when put under load the drive slips-Im callin local JCB to discuss today then Ironplanet-can the drive motors be rebuilt?

  3. #3lectro882012-09-07 22:02

    You can also be getting bypass in swivel joint between house and tracks, or bypass in valve body, weak pump, or as already mentioned drive motor or any combination of this mix. This is all speculation and just thigs to consider or look for. Sorry to hear your having troubles right out of the box.

  4. #4joispoi2012-09-08 07:16

    File a warranty claim and have them fix it on their dime.

  5. #5Al-B2012-09-10 14:24

    I had thier inspector out today, he agreed there was a prob. I have JCB tech coming out to adjust the valve body pressures as it really seems to be there. Engines dont bog at all when drives stop at load . No metal particles at all out of drive motor oil sample. If its a drive motor-Iron planet will buy it back all expenses returned (so they say). JCB is supposably one of the best mini units out there so there is hope!

  6. #6maddog2012-09-12 08:51

    JCB is supposably one of the best mini units out there so there is hope! I own the 8015 and have to write it has been a awesome little machine so far. I have worked it hard with no real issue's.

  7. #7Al-B2012-09-12 08:57

    I had the JCB tech out-he adjjusted the pressure block sending pwr to the drives and over pressurized them by 100psi to give some extra drive-it still has drive issues-he deemed the drives bad! Iron planet has agreed to refund all my money for shipping service auction fee and purchase price-a real good organization there!! the unit will go back up for auction and I have an opertunity to repurchase at a lower price if I wanted to. It would be a gamble but I took oil sample from each drive and not one Ioata of metal particle in either so the mechanical portions of the drives are probably 100% intact and ony the hydro portion failing which would prob be $1000 ea to replace-Anyone have any exp rebuilding track drive motors? hydro portion? So -all in all it was a great learnign experience and I didnt lose any $$ just some time.

  8. #8BlazinSS9342012-09-12 17:45

    If the rest of the machine is in good shape. I would tell Iron planet that you want them to fix the drive unit and keep the machine. It sucks getting all excited for a machine and hunting one down only to have it not work out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9lectro882012-09-13 21:50

    Its good to know they acknowledge, and seem to have intentions to make it right. Now the question is, are you satisfied with the rest of the machine enough to invest on drives, they may fix the 1 weak side, I'd make them an offer, make it seem to save them shipping and all other refunds and the risk of getting several thousand less dollars or it sitting on the lot, And your time and troubles. Just food for thought, if they fix the one weak, see if they would pay half of the other side drive for your troubles, then you would have both fresh drives, and a spare. And the other members here that have bought can say if theres any chance of them agreeing to such. Then you may be turned off with this unit and want a different try.