Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is $900 a fair price for used wobble sticks?

RHuddleston · 2020-05-08 21:59
Replies13
  1. #1hosspuller2020-05-08 23:40

    Not for the sticks... Maybe for the valves

  2. #2petepilot2020-05-08 23:58

    that a buying or selling price?

  3. #3580bob2020-05-09 00:54

    that's a gold mine try and find those are they yours

  4. #4RHuddleston2020-05-09 06:49

    No I'm looking to switch out my controls this is at a place up here by me.

  5. #5Willie B2020-05-09 07:51

    First 580K had joysticks & extend a hoe. Then I found the same model in excellent condition, low hours, with three lever, foot swing. I couldn't get used to it. I switched the dipper, & controls before selling the more tired machine.

  6. #6Coy Lancaster2020-05-09 08:08

    Is the set complete with all linkage and covers with boot and screws? Can you trade yours in for a discount?

  7. #7RHuddleston2020-05-09 08:26

    no this is outright price no trades no core and yes they are complete. Not really wanting to sink a lot of money in my Backhoe but for resale it seems everyone wants the foot swing pedals. I bought my backhoe to do a few projects around the place then resale I have fixed all leaks by repacking cylinders Now it runs and digs great.

  8. #8Mother Deuce2020-05-09 08:37

    I am not a huge foot swing fan either, always would wave the crew away for the first couple buckets to the truck. After I got in the groove it was fine. About half of everybody runs a Case so I am probably in the minority. Dad had Dynahoes with Ford controls. Used to have a set of oversized knobs to compensate for small hands. I always found the Ford arrangement difficult to swing right and dump the bucket into the the truck just didn't have enough reach if I didn't have the giant sized knobs. Wobble sticks were a gift from on high!

  9. #9580bob2020-05-09 10:46

    if complete good price try and find another set case only sells part by part usually 2 stick is what people want

  10. #10Bumpsteer2020-05-09 14:51

    Our small town converted from the fornicated Case controls to Deere.....good used set-up was $1000. Ed

  11. #11JS580SL2020-05-09 21:27

    Call your dealer, if they’re decent they might trade with you as they usually have spares on the shelf. My dealer is great. I’ve looked at buying machines with 2stick and they had no issues trading me for 4stick

  12. #12Willie B2020-06-05 16:33

    Seth just bought a 580B. Three sticks, foot swing. Pedals would work for a much taller seat. They are impossible for a seated operator. Swing is sort of wild, takes a while to move, then you have to stop a while before you want it to stop. I imagine delivering mail with a train. Even more than my "K" each function is too fast one at a time, but two or more at a time gets unpredictable. Mine, I never notice changes in engine speed, this is constantly opening the governor, but there is a pause before it happens. Not at all the smooth experience of newer hoes.

  13. #13Willie B2020-06-05 16:52

    I had a John Deere 410. It needed a new valve bank. The bank provided by a hydraulic rebuilder, six valves was a quarter inch narrower per valve than original. I had to build a mount for the valve, then redesign the joystick hardware. I have no drawings left, but it was steel, drilled, then welded to place pivot points where they were needed. Not beyond the skills of a good mechanic, but it'll take some time.