Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is a Cat 257b and Cat 236 cab’s the same?

TonyBolt ยท 2013-12-21 18:12

Looking at a door off of a Cat 236 to put on my 257b. I think the cabs are the same but not 100% sure. Can anyone tell me for sure if the cabs or the same so I will know about the door before I lose out on it? Thanks, Tony

Replies9
  1. #1durallymax2013-12-21 21:11

    On the same year machine they are the same, not sure if there were many variations over the years though.

  2. #2powerjoke2013-12-21 21:23

    anything from a 216 and 287B etc are all the same and aside from the glass style .....the A and B door share the mount and latch. In short, yes it will fit Pj

  3. #3TonyBolt2013-12-21 23:07

    Thank you powerjoke

  4. #4powerjoke2013-12-21 23:31

    No problem sir, if you have trouble finding a door or miss the one your after inbox me I may still have a couple extras.... Do you need a B or an A or does it matter? The B had a little better visibility but after you get used to an A you won't even notice. I even bought a couple off Craigslist one time but that's been years ago so they aren't hard to find. If you decide to put side windows in make sure you go with the B style they popped out for easy cleaning and was definatly an upgrade

  5. #5Jphtmaxx2014-01-02 21:20

    I'm new to the forums and bought my first skid steer cat 277. Like everyone else I want a door even though it mite get tore off like the original. What is a decent price for a used door. I see the new ones for 800 and can not justify that. Are there any broken doors laying around for parts like the latch and handle?

  6. #6powerjoke2014-01-02 23:35

    Get a few more post and shoot me a PM I'm in MO too and have had several 277's over the years hell u might have one of my old ones . But to answer the question I have bought a few off of KC craigslist and have given as little as 100bucks. The glass is cheap as hell we always upgrade ours to lexan so don't be affraid to buy one with broken glass at one time I had a couple extra ones cut if I still have one and u need it I'll be glad to give it to you. Pj

  7. #7Jphtmaxx2014-01-03 14:20

    I would love to find one for a $100 and I know this is the wrong season to buy a door. On images I have seen some have locking doors. Was this an option on the doors?

  8. #8powerjoke2014-01-03 14:28

    I think all of them lock? Heck I never gave it two thoughts...... I'm pretty sure all of mine have always locked. If I remember right the A series had a severate lock cylinder below the handle and the B had it in the handle..... Sorry to be so vague on non answer but we never lock them never seen a reason to I guess Pj

  9. #9Jphtmaxx2014-01-04 11:55

    I just thought it would b nice if I left it overnights somewhere. I know that if a thief wants something they will take it. Just keeping honest people honest.