Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is a komatsu backhoe a good machine

dwater ยท 2009-11-23 06:32

Getting ready to buy a 2005 komatsu wb 140-2n backhoe and i was wondering if this is an all round good machine. Any info would be appreciated

Replies6
  1. #1D1552009-11-23 06:48

    I work for a Komatsu dealer. I can tell you that the WB140/WB150 machines are not very popular with most of the customers I deal with. On the other hand, most of the same people LOVE the newer WB146/WB156. I ran both while I was still and operator and always felt the WB140 was underpowered compared to other models machines from CASE, CAT, Deere, etc.

  2. #2dwater2009-11-23 11:50

    I just purchased the machine this morning before I read this, so I hope it works for me. I am going to be using it around our farm and maybe some side work for extra money, So no real heavy digging. It is a 2005 with 2300 hours, extendahoe, 4x4, open station with pilot controls. Are there any mechanical issues that I need to be aware of. I gave $19,000.00 for the machine witch I thought was a good deal. Any response is appreciated

  3. #3Phil2009-11-23 17:28

    Man I just can't believe the prices south of the border. Looks like it's still happy backhoe buying . Phil

  4. #4dwater2009-11-23 17:56

    I bought the machine in central flordia and having it shipped to indiana for $900.00. I hope I did'nt go wrong with this purchase.It is a One owner machine

  5. #5LT-x72009-11-23 19:38

    I've never been on one myself, but it sounds like a real good price to me.

  6. #6JS580SL2009-11-24 19:46

    I just worked on a job were a guy had a WB 140 or 50 I forget. All wheel steer machine. Said he loved the machine but it is a electrical nightmare. Problems with the AWS, problems with the trans shift gears on its own, and few other things.