Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mounting of Backhoe Frame to tractor question.

joeeye59 ยท 2009-11-22 23:23

Hi.. On my 1988 JD 310c... I was oiling things.... so I ended up putting some oil on the two topside backhoe frame pins, right where it connects to the rear section of the frame on the tractor... I didn't oil the 2 bottom pins that hold the lower backhoe frame to the rear of the tractor frame, via them long bar links... Now I get a horrible hard bang noise as the backhoe frame slides left and right an inch or two on them pins.... It bangs while driving forward and backwards on the uneven soil quite a bit, and every time when the backhoe arm has enough of an angle on it swung far left or right giving the backhoe frame a pulling/pushing side to side motion... Is there suppose to be shims in there? it never made this noise before..... so I'm going to degrease them pins, but I'm not sure I know whats going on here?? I looked in the book I have and nothing is shown having shims when R & I the unit....

Replies0

No replies yet.