I have a Cat. 1993 D4C with a 3204 engine. The block is messed up and I can not find a block anywhere! Does anybody know if any other Cat engine would have the same bolt pattern to bolt up on my machine (1993 D4C)?
Or does anybody know a salvage yard that may have a used block?
try GENERAL GEAR in Idaho
You will have better luck looking for a 45Z 3204 engine ,That should be the serial number of your engine. It was used in probably 30 + machines. Bob
What is messed up with the block?
Line Bores can be redone. Holes in blocks can sometimes be welded successfully in my personal experience. Cylinder bores can sometimes be redone. How bad is your block and crank. Simon C
used blocks go for $5000.00 now what is wrong with your block I have had some fixed with holes popped in cyls. sides can be welded if not in water jacket. you can get cranks even aftermarket cranks give good service