I’m sure some parts of the country would love to have some rain but it simply won’t dry up here in NE Tx. Every few days we seem to get a few inches, just when we were going to start on a new job tomorrow due to several days with no rain boom.. We only had a 20% chance of scattered storms this afternoon and guess what, 5”s later and it’s still pouring 3 hours after it started. I’m thinking the south is headed into a miserable fall/winter myself, I may take up drinking pretty soon lol or put pontoons on the equipment and pray for the best. Are you guys dry or swamped out now?
Rain is running about 30% of normal here. Few weeks ago we had “100% chance of 2 or 3 inches” Ended up with only 1/4”. Was hoping for some from this hurricane but nothing doing, maybe 1/4 or so. Last good rain was January, otherwise just enough to wet the dust but do no good otherwise. No snow last winter so we started dry.
sure is making grass for cows growing here in alabama good hay good grass price sucks aways good and bad ,reason for having so many irons in fire have to make it come to geater some way, have had lots of break downs to stay busy,they aways seem to come if you run .
We've had so much rain this summer that I have mushrooms growing in my backyard garden.
We had our first decent rain up here for the summer yesterday. So no, I’m not sick of it. As much as it’s not fun to work in, we need about a week of it to get us back to normal. We barely had any snow last winter so we started out in an h2o deficit.
We've been just like you, rain 2-7 days a week for the last 6 months. It's hard to do anything. My biggest customer has a big commercial hay operation, among other things. It is really hard to make good horse hay in these conditions.
First 2 weeks I was here nothing but tropical rainstorms every afternoon @ 4:30-ish, culminating in Laura passing directly overhead exactly a week ago today. Since then it has dried up and we have had little or no rain. In this place you can have no rain for 24 hours and it looks as though it hasn't rained in years.
We were way above normal all summer then the last 20 days its dryed out. The yard is very strange part of it is over grow then part of it is short and burnt up.
We have had intermittent rain here on Vancouver island this year ,my gardens are growing but not ripening very well. Im doing a pile driving job out on the westcoast of the island sure enough we got poured on today. Driving 2 piles for a bridge on a trail ,they had to culvert the creek/ditch and fill it for our crane pad and pile locations. Gonna be at least a 100 G s by the time the smoke clears on this one. Have to wonder why it wasnt culverted in the first place?
Send some to S. Texas please!
Id say build a pipeline and send you guys some water ,but they dont seem to like pipelines much in our neck of the woods
We ended up with almost 6”s last night but the sun came out today thankfully. However we have 4 days this week of 50% or better chances which stinks. At least if it was hunting season it wouldn’t be so bad. I haven't been mad enough at the pigs to endure the sloppy mess but I’m about to start blasting them out of pure frustration lol
Don't go to western Washington state, I've seen it rain for 30 days plus straight in the winter time. Get so soaking wet your bones turn to mush after awhile. Be eating vitamin D like skittles living out there.
Been raining a ton all year. It's slowed down a bit the last month but still a lot of rain. The shocking part is even after last year with so much rain, so many areas are still drying up really fast and don't seem overly saturated.
Rain? I've heard of it before, haven't seen any in a while here in Northern, IL. Getting quite dry around here.
damn right 3.5 " here today. over 12" in the last 3 weeks
if you are tired of rain send it the west coast
I certainly wish I could send it somewhere, it’s raining again. We’re actually under a flood watch tonight so it probably won’t rain much since the weathermen aren’t very accurate.
It started raining here agin yesterday we got a 10 minute frog drownder then today it happened agin. I didnt have time to cover up my lawn.
I had a good customer (utility contractor) take me out to look at a clearing job on his "duck property". It was a little too wet to work now that it is the driest time of our year, locally. Since we drove through there in his amphibious ARGO on tracks, I think we've had another 4"-6"+ or rain hit. I wonder how bad it looks now? We will have to build a mat road just to get into the cypress grove. At least the cypress area has a fairly firm bottom but getting to there from solid ground is a whole different swamp situation that is very soft. I'm not so sure that we can get to it this year with the amount of rainfall we have had. I don't see the Forked Deer River dropping too much anytime soon with the amount of rain we have had over the past month. On a more positive note, I can see my cutterheads most every day and I don't have to clean air filters up to twice a day!