Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pipe lining

Buddy Rowe ยท 2020-08-30 12:41

Having trouble with getting straight pipe runs using a david white line instrument been coming up a foot off the manhole.what am I doing wrong?

Replies7
  1. #1Bls repair2020-08-30 12:58

    What procedure are you using to line it up ? Photo of setup would help

  2. #2Buddy Rowe2020-08-30 13:15

    We set a tripod over a manhole and plum down to the center of the pipe laser sometime there's not enough room in a small structure to set the laser in the manhole were starting at so we put the laser inside the first joint lining the david white to a probe rod. Then matching the laser to the probe rod

  3. #3CM19952020-08-30 14:57

    Welcome to the Forums Buddy Rowe! That's the way we do it with a David White line transfer unit. Has the LTU been dropped or damaged? When was the last time your laser was callibrated?

  4. #4Buddy Rowe2020-08-30 15:17

    Not sure its been with the old foreman for a while now.

  5. #5CM19952020-08-30 15:29

    I think I would have the laser calibrated.

  6. #6Buddy Rowe2020-08-30 15:59

    Okay thanks I'll get it sent off

  7. #7Delmer2020-08-30 21:23

    Can't you check it by shooting a run one way, then moving and shooting back the same run? how much you're off show how accurate you are, and if that's close enough for the work you're doing. Figuring out exactly where that error comes from is a little tougher, but that at least gets you and idea of what's going on.