Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is Cat going to put a D series style cab in the 226B3 at any point?

broadwaterfarm ยท 2014-05-04 18:39

Any idea if Cat going to put a D series style cab in the 226B3 at any point? Or is that machine too small? Any chance they would upgrade it to put a 2 speed transmission in it too?

Replies4
  1. #1Digdeep2014-05-04 19:41

    My buddy at the Cat dealership said he thinks the 226 will become a D series machine. I think they have engine credits and that is probably why they haven't changed yet.

  2. #2Daviscorey2014-05-17 23:02

    Tier 4 engine is too big to fit Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #3pafarmer2014-05-18 06:27

    Yep, I heard that the tier 4 motor is too big for the 226 but who really knows for sure. Wait and see I guess is all we can do.

  4. #4Daviscorey2014-05-18 13:42

    Dpf takes up lots of space and still needs to be serviceable Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk