Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is Deere heading for Chapter 11

Tones · 2025-05-28 14:44

Corporate Deere seem to have more self inflicted pain.

Replies12
  1. #1KSSS2025-06-11 09:53

    I am surprised it has taken this long to come to a head. Deere had huge brand loyalty and they wrecked it. That doesn't come back near as fast as it goes away.

  2. #2TXRweather2025-06-11 10:14

    I guess some of them farmers will just have to lower themselves to the same level as the rest of them peon farmers and use last years tractor and planter to put their fields in. How will they ever show their faces in public? (have I ever told you I hate AI generated video?)

  3. #3Coaldust2025-06-11 10:47

    DE took a huge dip, but look at it today. It went to a record high on May 16th. Wonder why.

  4. #4Coaldust2025-06-11 10:49

    I detest AI videos, too. I won’t watch them. Except, if Tones posts something, it’s usually worthwhile.

  5. #5Tones2025-06-11 13:24

    If that video was AI generated then I apologise. I'm not up to date with all this new tech crap and took it at face value.

  6. #6Coaldust2025-06-11 13:26

    No apology needed. I didn’t realize Mexico was giving DE the smack down. Very interesting.

  7. #7cuttin edge2025-06-11 14:18

    Lots of old relationships getting wrecked these days. I think the no politics rule should also apply to life outside hef

  8. #8DDoug2025-06-11 14:46

    How about all the "right to repair" problems as well. Wasn't JD at the bullseye on this argument ?

  9. #9Tones2025-06-11 16:44

    And still is. Federal, State and civil suits are in play.

  10. #10SLK0012025-06-11 19:09

    "John Deere started treating its customers as prey, not partners." This is how I feel. My recent "service call" to reset error codes on my excavator took less than 5 minutes to accomplish - and cost me $900. I even took the courtesy to actually fix the problem (faulty sensor) for them. The reset codes should be on the machine and accessible through the Service Menu.

  11. #11BC Placer gold2025-06-11 23:13

    My grandpa wouldn’t believe it if you said: you can’t repair your own equipment. He farmed in Alberta for many years; fixing your own equipment was a part of farming in the early 1930’s. If something broke (tractor etc. you brought out the welder & fixed it!)…

  12. #12Tones2025-06-12 02:22

    Abso bloody lutley.