Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is my hydraulic oil too hot?

oachs83 · 2023-09-08 08:57

Just curious as I’m new to my Case 1840 as I’ve only owned it a few months. Last night I was working it a bit harder than usual. I had to climb out as it was running and placed my hand on one of the smaller steel hydraulic lines that go across from one lift cylinder to the other. I noticed it was pretty hot, like I couldn’t keep my hand on it hot. I touched the cylinders and they were pretty warm but I could easily keep my hand on those. Is this normal? I was told the pump was rebuilt recently but I take that with a grain of salt, I also have the hydraulic light in the cab flicker on and off so I changed the filter and it still does it. Lastly it does have a very small drip so the hydraulic fluid was about a gallon low from the top of the sight gauge. I filled that back up and have not ran it since.

Replies1
  1. #1Ed ke6bnl2023-09-08 09:39

    don't know about the light flickering but my 1840 will get warm hydraulic lines when worked. So does my small kaboat tracktor