Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is there a Hyundai mechanic on this board?

Bison ยท 2019-07-05 23:48

I have questions regarding the UCP of a 210 LC3.

Replies14
  1. #1Vetech632019-07-06 13:59

    The only one I saw doesn't speak English. Why does the tech need to be from Hyundai? Most of the machines work the same way, just branded differently.

  2. #2heymccall2019-07-06 14:37

    I googled "UCP Hyundai", and all got was the Ultimate Clutch Pedal.

  3. #3Tim Burke2019-07-06 19:14

    Does that come with a set of underdrive pulleys and some carbon fiber wrap?

  4. #4Bison2019-07-07 00:52

    Well, All these different makes and models might work more or less the same way but the electrical schematics of the cluster and controller ,the connector pin out and wire colour and wire numbering on the different makes and models are sure as hell not the the same. And I am pretty sure if I ask a cat or JD or any other brand mechanic a question about Hyundai electrics that they say ,..I do not know anything about these machines,..go see the dealer.

  5. #5Bison2019-07-07 01:03

    And the problem is that the dealer is not interested in helping me out unless I let them send a mechanic to have a look at it but the nearest one is 300 miles away and I ain't interested in spending a fortune on this old hoe.

  6. #6Ronsii2019-07-07 01:24

    Sounds like you got it pretty well figured out But like Vtech says these machines all pretty much operate the same.... and even though on the wiring side they may have a different color wire, plug or sensor fact is most machines still share a *lot* of designers 'traits' I know plenty of guys that work on anything and everything... like myself they rely on any info they can get from the dealer but also a vast experience of knowledge from working on other brands of machines and will usually not shy away from at least looking at a third world machine. So while there are plenty of things the average mechanic can't fix because it's some secret hyundai IP there are still plenty of issues that can be identified and corrected.

  7. #7uffex2019-07-07 03:41

    Good day Bison You are correct that wiring differs from make to make however if you can be a little more specific as to the actual problem we may be able to help (UPC means nothing to me and I suspect a lot of the other guys contributing on the forum) Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8heymccall2019-07-07 10:20

    Could you mean "CPU"?

  9. #9John C.2019-07-07 10:27

    As I recall seeing in my travels most of the Hyundai line used Cummins engines with Kawasaki pumps. The hydraulic systems were a bit of a copy of the Sumitomo line and the electrical components were a mash of different modules doing the same basic this as all the rest of the makes. As Mr. Uffex states above, "if you can be a little more specific as to the actual problem we may be able to help." What we probably can't help with is the actual programing of the computers. Things like assessing the diagnostics or the location of harness connectors or knowing the interactions taking place between components like throttle motors, alternators, temperature and pressure sensors and pump controls.

  10. #10Bison2019-07-07 11:10

    Yes CPU,..stupid me spelled it wrong. I bought an 1999 Hyundai that seems to have a few electrical issues I'm trying to chase down. In the past some bubbas have made a mess of the wiring harness. I need to know if there's a difference in CPU model between serial # ending in 551 and over and serial# ending in 550 and under. Dealer says there ain't any but I ain't that sure.

  11. #11Bison2019-07-07 13:12

    I also need to know the fusebox fuse values for this model 210 LC3 serial # ending with 451. I can't find this info in my repair manual and I don't have an operator manual for this thing. The dealer don't have this info either, neither do they have an operators manual.

  12. #12uffex2019-07-09 11:23

    Good day Bison Have some notes from Hyundai product may be helpful Kind regards Uffex

  13. #13heymccall2019-07-09 12:06

    Looks exacry same as one on 4-21 scan above.

  14. #14Bison2019-07-09 23:20

    Thanks uffex. The fusebox shown is not the same as I have but the fuse value shown to the Cluster and CPU is what counts the most.