As the title says, I am not having a lot of succces in my searchs. I need to find a set of picker forks for our little picker truck #1200 at 28 feet. I hope you know the type of attachment I am talking about. Hangs from the hook and alows user to pick up pallets and such. Name of manufature may be helpfull also.... Any input would be great. Thankyou, muzy
I have heard of them called drywall forks, but those don't just hang from a hook, or cement block forks. George
Thanx trucker1, drywall forks are a bit differant as the ones I have seen are hydralic powered so you can go from horizontal to verticale. Still looking. muzy
Google Shopping when searching for "Crane Forks" gets lots of items listed as "pallet lifter" or "overhead load lifter"; common manufacturer of light duty (2000 lb rated) seems to be Vestil. My employer gets some stuff from "global industrial supply" but I'd probably hit Northern Tool's website http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...ndling+pallets-pallet-handling+pallet-lifters Good luck!
Searching for Pallet forks will get you results too. http://www.eaglewestequipment.com/boscaro/PalletForks.html?gclid=CPihneq5g6oCFULc4AodhSzKyQ Remember when using these, smooth is good, wrapped pallets are even better.
Pallet forks, block forks, drywall forks and many others too, but get the ones suited for your lifts specifically. They have different heights, lenths, widths, adjustable fork positions, and fork counts, and various auto, manual or spring loaded reset mechanisms for flying loaded and unloaded [to keep the forks level]. Get a good user friendly lifting eye and pig tail too, that won't leave the riggers fighting it to hook and unhook it each time they use it. I like a solid D ring at the top of the pig tail so there won't be broken wires where they grab it, and a good solid bottom anchored end to the opposite end too. That's a place where there's always a lot of sharp broken wires [on choker pigtails] that go unnoticed.
Thankyou all for your help. Got some great results with your help. Going to look at a set that popped up fairly recent (yesturday) 2 48 inch, self level, adjust on height and wideth. 2000 k cap. But $2000, will see how it gose. muzy