If there is anyone out there that can help me please having steering problems with my d6h have had several people look at it have spent a lot of time and money but can't find the problem if you can offer some advice or knowledge it would be greatly appreciated.
Camron, I can not help you but I wish I could. It seems since Nige left this site when he retired there seems to be a real shortage of info and help available to the common man. It is a shame, this site has helped me on more than one occasion. Ron
I take it it's a diff steer model? What's it doing.... or not doing?
Is it steering weak in both directions? Will it counter rotate while sitting still/not traveling? I am not sure but think it uses hyd oil from a spool valve(larger machines used closed loop) and the pump is load sensing. Really need a schematic to figure this out. Later Bob
Yes it is diff steering the machine lost all steering done some checking to the machine thought it was the steering motor took it off had rebuilt now it will try to steer while tracking but while sitting in place you hit lever it will tighten the tracks and that's it .when I put the pressure gage on pump max pressure @ mid steer stall position wot. 1600 psi should be 5500 psi from what I'm told thought might be steering pump done high pressure stall test on pump showed it was bad replaced pump still have the same thing.
Can you post a good pic of the steering pump? I need to know if it is load sensing, if so you might only have a load signal problem. I am unsure of the system on your machine so need a pic of pump. Later Bob
Here are some pictures I do believe it is load sensing it is a piston pump it acts like the pump will not up stroke like it should
On the old pump I did what the book called hi pressure stall test witch makes the pumps out put pressure the signal line witch I would think it should eliminate leaks in signal network is that right
If you have a book find the signal pressure line and then put a gauge in it. A TEE fitting would be perfect so you can check pressures while you try to steer. I believe the signal pressure is leaking off some place. Are you saying you tapped pump output and fed it in as a signal? When you replaced the pump was the controller included?
camron, did you hook the L-S (signal) line directly into the P1 (High Pressure) line turning the pump into a pressure compensating system? I hate to say it this fault would easily be sorted with the use of a good flow meter before coins started to be spent on things that might be knackered, the D6H Series? is not a bad old tractor with things easy to work on, they have 3 lifting eye points inside the cab roof to help with removing the implement pump, transmission pump and torque unit, just thought I would say, anyhow I do have service books on these chariots so if I can help some how I will. tctractors
Tony, we here in the colony's need a bit of information. How is the signal generated? Does the pump control have a max pressure control in it? I suspect the signal isn't being generated. Later Bob
Lmao.... "in the colonies".... we were the colonies until the queen gave up on us!!! lol
Yes I hooked pump test port with a t 4 gage then ran it to signal line in put on pump. There is a line coming out of the top control valves that goes to the tank not sure but I would call it a high pressure relief or case drain this line seems to me that it is under pressure and not sure it should be? What you think needs to be flow checked the trouble shooting info I have give me a list of pressure test to do I did them all before replacement all tests lead me to bad pump so I replaced it with no change and no more information I'm stuck.
Pump output goes to priority valve there is 2 lines coming out of priority valves one from the top teeing into one from bottom then plumed into marginal / compensation valves bolted on the side of pump
That sounds like the signal line, can you Tee into it and check the pressure when you attempt to steer. Later Bob
Yes no need for a tee there is quick connection test port the pressure is about 300 psi lower than pumps out put
That 300 psi diff sounds about right but need to confirm from book. Can you take the signal line off of the pump and put a gauge in it to see what you get coming up the line. Just nudge it a bit at first. I suspect there is a problem with developing a high enough signal. Is there any info in your book about that? Later Bob
Can anyone tell me what the line coming out the top of control valve case to tank does and why I would have return pressure there and no fluid return where it is supposed to .
It could be a vent line. I reread one post about signal coming from priority valve, maybe you should check it out> Later Bob
That's the return line for the resolver circuit most likely.
Try stalling out tilt circuit and operate steering to give different load signal sounds like it could be bad resolver
Hi, I am seeing how you got on with this problem my 6h has now done the same thing, any info would be good.