Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is this a good deal?

Swannny · 2018-09-14 22:39

https://www.ebay.com/itm/bobcat-ski...765826?hash=item1a5e3649c2:g:GLMAAOSwiHRbm9OV

Replies11
  1. #1Theweldor2018-09-14 22:44

    I would say NO Not for that price!

  2. #2catman132018-09-15 00:53

    that is a joke, it aint worth 1000.00

  3. #3mowingman2018-09-15 08:49

    I am pretty sure I know where the photo was taken. I saw it burned on the property, but that was a year ago or more. Maybe it took that long for the insurance to decide not to pay off on it. What a joke. That was a terrible piece of land to clear, as it was full of rocks. As I recall, it took the contractor several months to clear the smallish tract, and then, it did not look very good when done.

  4. #4Swannny2018-09-15 13:46

    No tongue in cheek with this comment, but it’s prob worth more than that. I couldn’t understand the rational behind his price point, and since he’s getting a ton of views per hour it seems I’m not alone.

  5. #5Swannny2018-09-15 13:48

    Reminded me of the Ozarks when I first saw the on fire pic.

  6. #6DIYDAVE2018-09-15 21:46

    Ash far ash I can tell, that's a hot deal...

  7. #7mowingman2018-09-15 23:23

    Well this deal kind of burns me up

  8. #8Ronsii2018-09-15 23:26

    I see.... it's a fire sale at non-fire prices

  9. #9Birken Vogt2018-09-16 01:35

    Reminds me of the people that say "I just put x grand into the motor, I want to get at least that much to sell it" Well just because you paid that much for somebody's labor does not automatically make the whole vehicle worth that much if the rest of it is in bad condition.

  10. #10crane operator2018-09-16 09:20

    The ad says it burned in 2014. He owed $54,000. Says paid off the note this year, and has a lien waiver. I'd say he's spent this long paying off the note and now can finally sell the remnants. Tough break. Some guys would have told the finance company to pound sand on the debt, come and get their machine. I'd be surprised though that the finance company wouldn't have made him prove insurance on the machine.

  11. #11KSSS2018-09-17 00:12

    Typically you only have to prove it when you buy it. He may have let it lapse. Those must have been some painful payments to make. Good on him for making them. I am not sure why he thinks it is worth that kind of money. It would be worth that if it ran.