Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 225 no hydraulics.

Bob Blenkarn ยท 2018-09-14 15:51

Looking for ideas on how to lift the boom so I can lift the cab when there is a hydraulic failure and I can't run the machine. I can lift the boom about 3 feet with a forklift but thats not much help. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1Bob Blenkarn2018-09-16 20:01

    This maybe a draw back of the single arm JCB skidloader. oil is coming out the bottom of the machine faster than it can lift the arm and you can't get at anything with the cab down which you can't raise with the arm down! I've often wondered what the heck one would do in such a case. At least it's back at the shop.

  2. #2mikebramel2018-09-16 23:03

    Cant you put the forks under the bucket then use the boom prop

  3. #3Bob Blenkarn2018-09-17 06:20

    the bucket will only lift about 3 ft. Then the cylinder won't extend anymore and it just starts lifting the machine.

  4. #4mikebramel2018-09-17 08:51

    Crack the lines

  5. #5Bob Blenkarn2018-09-17 09:47

    Thanks Mike, that's what I'm about to do. If your familiar with these, accessing the connections is not easy but when I lift the arm with the forklift I should be able to get them loose then I need to be very care full so no one gets hurt.

  6. #6mountainlake2018-09-17 16:30

    Isn't there a hyd release valve on the back of the machine when you open the door, seems like I've seen one on my Volvo but have never used it. Steve

  7. #7Bob Blenkarn2018-09-17 16:53

    Yes there is a manual valve for lowering, it was no help on Friday but I left it open over the weekend and today it lifted, I wonder if it leaked enough oil off over the weekend?