I am looking for a pintle trailer to pull behind my dump truck to haul my skid steer and backhoe. I was looking for a tandem dual but most of those I have seen have been in the 10k range. I found this 2008 triple axle belshe (21000gvwr) for $5500. It appears to be in excellent condition where most used equipment trailers I have seen are pretty rough. It will do what I need but I hear the triple axles are rough on tires. Should I jump on this deal or keep looking?
I would jump on that. Belshe makes a really good trailer and that looks to be in very good condition. I have had a couple of the Belshe 3 axle trailers, and yes, they tend to eat tires faster than a tandem dually trailer. Trailer prices have gotten really high, especially on high quality trailers, like the Belshe brand. I would go for it. Jeff
Biggest thing on a three axle is to avoid sharp turns while backing up with a load on. Easy to break springs and twist axles that way. Really is true on any trailer axle as the front spring mount is stronger than the shackles on the back when side forces are applied. Good luck with it.
Thanks for the help guys. Bought it today. Looks as good in person as it did in the pictures. Now to get around to mounting the pintle hook on my dump truck.