Hi guys I'm brand new here and trying to use your expertise on a trencher to buy. I have a new T650 and need to do some digging on my property. I have enough digging to do that I thought I would buy a trencher. Well, I found a used Bradco 30" Trencher Model 625 with 6" wide digging chain, Cup Tooth every other station on CL. I don't have very much rock on my place. Is this a trencher that will work hard for me? The one I'm looking at appears to be in good shape. Is there something I should look for? Are parts readily available? Is this a cheaply made attachment? http://www.everythingattachments.co...oth-Every-Other-p/br-trencher-48-625-econ.htm Thank you in advance! Tw
I forget to buy a letter "C" in the word trencher. Doh!
Is your machine low flow? If you aren't using it commercially, that trencher will probably be fine. I bought Bobcat's biggest trencher and it weighs almost 2k lbs. That's a lot of trencher beef and it still wobbles and threw the chain 3 times in tough digging. I shortened mine from 5' to 4' and think it will work better but I bought it to go 5' so I was disappointed in that aspect. 30" isn't very deep.. 36" is probably closer to standard for a low-flow trencher.
Yellow, my machine is low flow and I may have cut and paste to this post the wrong size. The owner said he thought it's a 6 foot trencher but I think from the pics its a 48 inch / 4 foot trencher. Thank you for your reply. I am still learning...
I doubt it was a 6'. My 5' trencher was almost 9' long before I shortened it to a 4' trencher. It is about 8' long now. I can't imagine a 6' for a skid steer. A 48" will need some hp to pull dirt from what I've experienced BUT if your ground isn't too hard and you remove a few cups, you should be okay. It's a good tool to have.
Do as you wish, but for those dollars, go buy a good used trencher ready to go, with a backhoe on the front and back fill blade, as for using low flow, or even high flow, your not going to get much done and to trench backwards sucks to say the least, there are plenty of good used trenchers on sales all across the country all the time you can pickup pretty cheap. The other option is to go rent one, a lot of rental centers have one you can rent, try it to find out if you like it first, for the interest on one you can rent one and let them do the repairs for you.
Randy hit the nail on the head- go buy a good used trencher with hoe you will like it much better. Backward trenching is backwards.
I disagree with the other posts. The high flow trenchers are extremely productive and if you have a good skid steer, you have one less machine to worry about. If I was trenching full time, I would have dedicated machine but I buy strong skids to be tool carriers and the trenchers are more than capable in that department.