Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is this a reasonable pressure to the injectors?

rocks ยท 2026-09-27 15:08

Hi all, Cat 416b cranks and won't start. This happened after it was used for awhile then stalled in the middle of the road, but it started again and cleaned up the water separator an Video1 d changed the fuel filter. Primed it and started right up. Used it for 10 minutes then turned it off for a minute and didn't want to start. Video 2 It cranks and dark crayish smoke coming out. The batteries test about little over 10v while cranking. I primed it at the pump and also at the injectors. I cleaned the injectors and still suburb. The fuel shutoff solenoid clicks when ignition is on. I have plenty of fuel. Air filter looked good. Am I getting enough fuel?

Replies7
  1. #1rocks2026-09-27 15:10

    The videos did not attach

  2. #2Nige2026-09-27 15:13

    You cannot attach videos directly. You have to hose them elsewhere and then put in a link. Have you tried it with a whiff of ether.? Based on your symptoms I would say it is likely starved of fuel.

  3. #3rocks2026-09-27 15:45

    Watch unnamed | Streamable Watch "unnamed" on Streamable. streamable.com Watch unnamed | Streamable Watch "unnamed" on Streamable. streamable.com

  4. #4rocks2026-09-27 15:47

    I attached the links. I didn't try ether. I was hesitant since it has a glow plug.

  5. #5pittsburgh cat man2026-09-27 16:09

    Important note do not open all injector lines on distributor style pump only open highest line on pump I think number 2 or 3 cylinder

  6. #6rocks2026-09-27 16:12

    I opened the line at the injectors end. What do you mean by highest line? The longer lines?

  7. #7pittsburgh cat man2026-09-27 16:20

    Look at the pump where the lines come out of the distributor the one that is the highest there crack the line at the head it will be number 2 or 3 cylinder by the way all the fuel lines are the same length different length lines will screw up the timing