Hi Guys, I just found an ad on a classified website advertising a 2005 Bobcat S185 with a drop hammer, backhoe and grapple attachment for a whole $5800 CDN... Apparently the machine only has 600 hrs on it... So I emailed the guy to confirm the asking price and this is the response I got: Hello, I have received your email regarding my Bobcat. I will sell it for CA $5800. The price includes shipping and insurance to your address. The skidsteer comes with a copy of the bill of sale, title and all the accessories. Email me if you are interested. Thanks So thinking that just the backhoe attachment alone would be worth what he's asking for the whole works I'm really suspicious but for the price I'd like to at least take a look... Now I went to go look at the ad again and I see it's no longer there, even more leery now... What do you all think? Is it worth wasting any more time on? Thanks... Toby
do you really have to ask?
Scam.
Scammers put tons of ads like that on every day. Unfortunately every once in a while somebody believes they are getting an awesome deal and they get reamed. I guess enough fall for it to keep these guys scamming
If it sounds too good to be true.........
x2 definite SCAM! ointhead
I have seen something simular before. Someone was leary of a backhoe for sale. It was a fairly new model New Holland backhoe with a riduculous price. Obvious scam. It was supposedly located in the midwest. I can't remember where, but the big green trees and grass in the pics told otherwise. I have since see the same ad as being located eslwere. Buyer beware, if it's too good to be true... Dt
Lol Ask for the Serial Number. That will usually take care of the seller.
And ask to see the machine, or if it is a way off, say you are going to send someone to look at the machine. If it is straight up, they will have no problem with someone looking at it. This sort of thing happens all the time with semi-exotic cars. Fancy car with cheap price, they email some lamo pics with BS excuse for why it is so cheap and why you can't look at it in person. Either that or there is a lot of finance on the machine and you may well end up having to pay that.
double post sorry
Here is one I found this morning: http://hattiesburg.craigslist.org/cto/1301736739.html Dt
Well the ad is back up... http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...mmer-Grapple-Backhoe-Trail-W0QQAdIdZ146153868 Am I allowed to post that link here?
The pic of the machine on the trailer and the machine with the hammer are two different machines. The one on the trailer doesn't have an enclosed cab, the one with the hammer does. If there's any mention of sending the money first, it's a scam.
Good catch, Steve. That about says it all.
Ask him where in Halifax it is and I will go look at it this afternoon . That should be the end of that.
Ok, I wrote the guy back, here's what I wrote: Hello ********, I am interested, where about in Halifax is the machine, I have a friend who'd like to take a look at it for me. What is the serial number of the machine so I can do a title search? Also, why so cheap? Thanks. Let's see what we get back...
I doubt you'll hear back from him. You've shown you're suspicious by asking why so cheap, he won't bother.
Well he did write back, here's what he had to say: The bobcat is in St. John's, Nfl. The serial number is: 530118562 I want to finish this deal through eBay International Trading. They will hold your payment and release it to me only after you will receive, inspect and agree with the bobcat. I will give you 3 inspection days. I will start the shipping in the same day with the payment confirmation. The delivery process to your location will take 5-6 days. Tell me if we can get the ball rolling and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. after that they will send you the information of the purchasing. Thanks He never said nothing about the price and now all of a sudden he wants to go through ebay... Whatever, he aint getting any of my money...
We knew it was a scam, but the details confirm it. It was posted at Kijiji Halifax, but soon as someone was in Halifax it is now in St John's . Why didn't he post it in St John's? Email him back and tell him your buddy will be in St John's Tuesday and ask for an address and time to view the machine.
This is definitely a scam. I've been looking at skidloaders in my area for over 6 months now, and old antiquated, hardly will run Case with no attachments costs more than that..
SCAM, SCAM, SCAM! Better Scram! Tell the idiot you have a relative who lives in the are (where the machine is to ship from) who will pick it up and brint the cash,... he will disappear!
We get them almost daily on Kijij Halifax. I have skidsteer as a keyword on my RSS feeds from Kijiji, just in case something pops up. The latest is three year old machines for $5700.00. When I see them on the feed I look at the year and price and don't even look any further.
The problem with this plan is that if the machine is owing finance, you are stuck with having to pay that finance or give the machine to the finance company.