Hello from S Texas. I ran across a D6D OROPS, with blade only about 2 miles from my place. The machine was parked with the intention to do the undercarriage 10-15 years ago. The right track was split and sprocket segments removed The owner had a stroke and the process was abandoned. I don't know the hours and some idiot took the exhaust stack off leaving the turbo outlet open. There is rust starting on the blade lift rod chrome. Sheet metal is mostly straight but surface rust is advancing. I don't have ang pics. Would this machine possibly be a candidate for refurbishment if obtained for a couple grand?
Mmmm 2 miles away, is the engine free?
Apparently not worth scrap value. Could not get close enough to test motor for rotation. There is a Big problem. There just might be a Rattle snake den between the tracks. I think I'm out on this one unless the owner says "just take it". I don't need a project of this magnitude.
The snakes aren't that a big of a deal. You could do like my brother-in-law did, he would carry a soda bottle with a little gasoline and a chunk of garden hose. Insert the garden hose into the den or opening, pour a few drops of gasoline in it and then blow. No you don't have to put your lips on the hose lol. Pull out the garden hose and retreat. The snakes will too it will drive them right out of the den. Repeat as necessary. They're not going to hang around for that.
Tannerite. I can hit that from a safe distance......I just need to find someone willing to stuff a can in the hole
that messes up the dozer. my method does not kill snakes or break things. I have gotten past that.