Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer identify?

HuntNW208 ยท 2022-06-16 14:22

Hello everyone! Thank you for adding me to the group. I bought 20 acres of bare land that needs a lot of dirt moved. One of my neighbors has an international for sale that I would really like to buy. Renting ewuipment is getting old and very expensive. ($1000 a weekend). He will sell me his dozer for $4000 but he's very old and doesn't remember the year and model. I was hoping some of you might be able to help me identify it so I can possibly find some manuals for it. Also since I'm new to equipment I would love some advice on going through the entire machine as I'm sure it needs a tune up. Thank you all for the help.

Replies5
  1. #1Tyler d4c2022-06-16 14:29

    International td6 the redpower forum would be much help to you with it. I'm not sure we have a resident expert on the old corn binders

  2. #2HuntNW2082022-06-16 14:34

    Thank you! Are you referring to red power magazine forums? Also what do you mean old corn binders

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-06-16 14:49

    Welcome to HEF, HuntNW208 ! Corn binders were used to cut corn and lay it out in bundles to prep the corn to go into a threshing machine. International Harvester was one of the company's that made them. Hence the term corn binder started to be used as a reference anything made by IH. I am familiar with them because my grandfather bought a new Aultman-Taylor sterm engine and threshing machine along with a corn binder. Binders were also used to cut and tie oats and wheat. They were different from a corn binder tho.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2022-06-16 15:29

    Yes the magazine forum

  5. #5HuntNW2082022-06-16 16:24

    That's awesome, I love the history!