Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is this DOT approved?

digger242j ยท 2015-04-28 20:29

And if it's not, how what they write it up?

Replies12
  1. #1pburress2015-04-28 20:43

    Unauthorized passengers?

  2. #2buckfever2015-04-28 21:04

    Unsecured load.

  3. #3CM19952015-04-28 21:13

    How what they write up what? :tong

  4. #4repowerguy2015-04-28 21:15

    Back alarm,cheep cheep cheep

  5. #5old-iron-habit2015-04-28 21:45

    Did it read and understand the safety policies?

  6. #6willie592015-04-28 22:43

    How what they write up why?

  7. #7Muffler Bearing2015-04-28 22:50

    Livestock without a permit?

  8. #8FSERVICE2015-04-28 23:17

    animal abuse!! way to much noise & smoke LOL all that shows is how much you actually use that truck!!! 1 of my customers has a bald eagle nest in the tip of the boom of a crawler crane at his shop, at first he was trying to figure out which of his guys put the drift wood up there (he has some outstanding fellows on his crew) but the next morning he saw the eagle perched up there. the DNR thinks there is 2 in the nest!!

  9. #9digger242j2015-04-29 06:13

    :Banghead :bash Dammit. I usually proofread everything I post too. They're industrious little things. Three different mornings, the week before last, I had to remove one from the back corner of the cab of the skidloader. I finally put a stop to that by parking it two blocks away. The truck has been parked every night in the same lot as the skid had been. The truck usually only moves around the site, and the past few weeks, hasn't had more than a load or three per day. For all I know, once I moved the skid, that was their next choice and its been there that long. I looked before I moved it, and there was nobody home, no eggs, or even empty shells. I guess the first time I used the truck with the nest there, they got the message and bailed out. FSERVICE, that's really cool about the bald eagle nest. There's one on a wooded hillside about a mile down the river from this site, within sight of downtown Pittsburgh. Somebody even set up a webcam to watch it. Last year they successfully hatched two young ones, but apparently this year neither egg made it. http://www.pixcontroller.com/eagles/

  10. #10CM19952015-04-29 08:02

    How what they write up when?

  11. #11CM19952015-04-29 19:53

    Seriously, I have a soft spot for birds too and we've wrenched ol' digger enough...for now.:tong I would've done the same thing. 2 years ago my wife and I had house wrens that decided to build a nest in one of the container plants on the screened porch. Once we realized they were there, we'd leave the screen door cracked enough for mom and dad to bring food to the babies. Many times in the evening enjoying a malted hops on the back porch, we'd see them sneak through the crack in the door and feed their babies. Sugar would lay there and not give them a second thought. When they matured enough to start flying it was interesting as one couldn't find it's way out of the screen porch. Mom and Dad were sitting on the fence calling it but it just couldn't do it. We opened the door wide and tried to persuade it towards the door. After 10 mins or so of an episode from Benny Hill, the little fella made it out the door and joined the rest of them. They haven't made another nest on the back porch since, probably too traumatizing.:beatsme

  12. #12digger242j2015-04-29 21:28

    Shoot. Just as I was about to pull rank and remind you to stay on topic... Last year I had my garage door open just a bit for some time, and the next time I went in I had to track down the source of the chirping. Somebody had set up housekeeping in a corner of one of the shelves, and was raising a family. Of course, then I had to leave the door open until they got big enough to find their way out...